• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Wrenched said:
1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

Yeah the Golden Age of the boards was probably 3 to 5 years ago.

lol (tsk)

I should be clear (or more correctly I thought it was clear) that I am talking about volume of posts, not quality of posts.  Obviously quality of posts was best before Stu got banned...

13 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I'm gonna fire up The Grid Game in a while.  That one's easier on me.  :)

Thanks! Anything you're able to is is a fun distraction :)

If it's easier, we dont want to stress you out, that would defeat the purpose!

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
15 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I'm gonna fire up The Grid Game in a while.  That one's easier on me.  :)

Thanks! Anything you're able to is is a fun distraction :)

If it's easier, we dont want to stress you out, that would defeat the purpose!

I was thinking, maybe we could change the scoring to make it more interesting?

How about if the score equals the number of grid reveals?  For example, if you solve it after 5 grids have been revealed, you receive 5 points.  That way, the more difficult the round is, the more valuable it becomes.

If the above makes sense, then we just need to decide whether we re-start the score from zero or carry on with the existing Ditch Points.

12 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I was thinking, maybe we could change the scoring to make it more interesting?

How about if the score equals the number of grid reveals?  For example, if you solve it after 5 grids have been revealed, you receive 5 points.  That way, the more difficult the round is, the more valuable it becomes.

If the above makes sense, then we just need to decide whether we re-start the score from zero or carry on with the existing Ditch Points.

That sounds doable, I'm fine with carrying over the score, hopefully we get more players this go round... @JollyComics and any others, I think @Ken Aldred and @Get Marwood & I are across the pond and on different time schedules. 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

That sounds doable, I'm fine with carrying over the score, hopefully we get more players this go round... @JollyComics and any others, I think @Ken Aldred and @Get Marwood & I are across the pond and on different time schedules. 

Ok...I'll carry over the score from before.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

Just now, Ken Aldred said:
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

just not feeling that motivated at present.

Don't worry about it...no pressure.

35 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

(thumbsu APPROVED!

The Grid Game

Rules
1) Any CGC boardie can play.
2) When you see the grid, post a location number to be revealed.  The first post will be chosen, and the others will be ignored.
3) The first player to correctly guess the identification of the comic book (Series/Book#) wins the round.
4) Points are awarded by the number of grid reveals.  For example, if it took 5 grid reveals, then 5 points will be awarded.

UdwCnZy.jpg