• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Yup I was correct in thinking the UK uses blue for O2

An interesting choice of colour. If I were in charge at the Ministry for Colour Assignment, blue is not the colour I would choose for oxygen...

“Whatever you now find weird, ugly, uncomfortable and nasty about a new medium will surely become its signature. CD distortion, the jitteriness of digital video, the sound of 8-bit - all of these will be cherished and emulated as soon as they can be avoided. It’s the sound of failure: so much modern art is the sound of things going out of control, of a medium pushing to its limits and breaking apart. The distorted guitar sound is the sound of something too loud for the medium supposed to carry it. The blues singer with the cracked voice is the sound of an emotional cry too powerful for the throat that releases it. The excitement of grainy film, of bleached-out black and white, is the excitement of witnessing events too momentous for the medium assigned to record them.”

― Brian Eno, A Year With Swollen Appendices

Blowie still hasn't done his report for third grade on how he spent his summer vacation.

It hasn't been declassified yet

Have you always had that moving red dot on your forehead? :o

Blowie still hasn't done his report for third grade on how he spent his summer vacation.

I need to go now

No, sometimes it's on my chest. (shrug)