• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

The camera at ground level, pointed up the road to a curve between a thick grove of trees and low vegetation. A squirrel eating an acorn on top of an old stump holds it mid-air and raises its head quickly, quizzically looking toward the curve before scampering off.

The whine of an engine rises in intensity. Soon, a downshift is heard and the sudden scream of high RPMs. Tires squealing, a low black Trans Am fishtails through the curve throwing out dirt and rocks from the shoulder. With a slight over-correction snap, it straightens and shoots out of the end of the curve like a bat out of hell. RPMs rising, the beast is a blur and a roar of big block thunder as it chirps third gear in front of the camera and flies out of frame.

Inside the hurtling steel, Billy Cramer watches his tach and shifts into fourth gear, mid-redline. The shaker scoop sitting on top of the 455 twitches slightly through the hood. He's in a hurry. News of the the half-naked Sorority girls had spread through the small town like wildfire. He was still irritated with his uncle, but he'd promised to help fix the old tractor, and flushing the hydraulic lines was a two man job. He had tried to talk him into doing it tomorrow, but Uncle Bob was having none of that as he didn't want to lose another day. "Listen slacker, you think these beans are gonna plant themselves?," he'd said sarcastically.

The sun was baking as Billy flicked his butt through the open side window, careful that it didn't get caught in the wind tunnel that was blowing his overalls up like a balloon. As soon as the station sign came into view, he started slowing and rowing through the lower gears to decrease momentum. He needed to get gas and go back home to clean up before he hit the swimming hole on the lake. He pointed the car between the islands and skidded to a halt in front of the premium pump.

He popped open the big door with a creak and slammed it shut as he reached for the pump nozzle. He looked around for old Joe as he filled the big tank, but didn't see him in either the office or the open garage bay. "He might be in the back, or maybe on the side sticking the tanks," Billy thought as the numbers on the pump turned over rapidly with a soft ticking sound. He craned his neck to look to the right near the tank covers, and that's when he saw where Joe lay in a bloody heap. "What the...," Billy mumbled as he quickly stopped what he was doing and ran over to the horror that used to be his friend.

Obscured from view, the sound of garbage cans banging together came from the back of the station near the tree line, and then a low inhuman growl...

:applause:

So what happened to Old Joe...?

:popcorn:

The camera at ground level, pointed up the road to a curve between a thick grove of trees and low vegetation. A squirrel eating an acorn on top of an old stump holds it mid-air and raises its head quickly, quizzically looking toward the curve before scampering off.

The whine of an engine rises in intensity. Soon, a downshift is heard and the sudden scream of high RPMs. Tires squealing, a low black Trans Am fishtails through the curve throwing out dirt and rocks from the shoulder. With a slight over-correction snap, it straightens and shoots out of the end of the curve like a bat out of hell. RPMs rising, the beast is a blur and a roar of big block thunder as it chirps third gear in front of the camera and flies out of frame.

Inside the hurtling steel, Billy Cramer watches his tach and shifts into fourth gear, mid-redline. The shaker scoop sitting on top of the 455 twitches slightly through the hood. He's in a hurry. News of the the half-naked Sorority girls had spread through the small town like wildfire. He was still irritated with his uncle, but he'd promised to help fix the old tractor, and flushing the hydraulic lines was a two man job. He had tried to talk him into doing it tomorrow, but Uncle Bob was having none of that as he didn't want to lose another day. "Listen slacker, you think these beans are gonna plant themselves?," he'd said sarcastically.

The sun was baking as Billy flicked his butt through the open side window, careful that it didn't get caught in the wind tunnel that was blowing his overalls up like a balloon. As soon as the station sign came into view, he started slowing and rowing through the lower gears to decrease momentum. He needed to get gas and go back home to clean up before he hit the swimming hole on the lake. He pointed the car between the islands and skidded to a halt in front of the premium pump.

He popped open the big door with a creak and slammed it shut as he reached for the pump nozzle. He looked around for old Joe as he filled the big tank, but didn't see him in either the office or the open garage bay. "He might be in the back, or maybe on the side sticking the tanks," Billy thought as the numbers on the pump turned over rapidly with a soft ticking sound. He craned his neck to look to the right near the tank covers, and that's when he saw where Joe lay in a bloody heap. "What the...," Billy mumbled as he quickly stopped what he was doing and ran over to the horror that used to be his friend.

Obscured from view, the sound of garbage cans banging together came from the back of the station near the tree line, and then a low inhuman growl...

I'm waiting for Dr.X or someone to finish this scene.

Personally, I'm hoping we end up getting a giant mushroom fireball curling its way into the atmosphere, because...well...who doesn't love exploding gas stations...but that's just me.

I'm waiting for Dr.X or someone to finish this scene.

Personally, I'm hoping we end up getting a giant mushroom fireball curling its way into the atmosphere, because...well...who doesn't love exploding gas stations...but that's just me.

Is there another way to end a story!?!

Now... back to Old Joe :popcorn:

How about Micheal Madsen or Vinnie Jones for the Sheriff?

I think Vinnie would be better for intensity and a bit comedic, Madsen would be better for flat and serious

Right, and Madsen kills everything in site, all the time.

Good point. Madsen it is.

And he smokes a lot of cigarettes and is always emotionless. I need to start writing movies for SyFy, with some help of course.

Madsen is a great choice as he's previously starred in other SyFy movies. He was great in Piranhaconda.

I think Vinnie would be better for intensity and a bit comedic, Madsen would be better for flat and serious

And he smokes a lot of cigarettes and is always emotionless. I need to start writing movies for SyFy, with some help of course.

Madsen is a great choice as he's previously starred in other SyFy movies. He was great in Piranhaconda.

Yes, but he needs to be more like the character he portrayed in Kill Bill as Bud. We need a dirty, slimey, sheriff that lives in a dirty trailer park on the outskirts of town, and has a blender with filthy buttons that he mixes booze in.

Yes, but he needs to be more like the character he portrayed in Kill Bill as Bud. We need a dirty, slimey, sheriff that lives in a dirty trailer park on the outskirts of town, and has a blender with filthy buttons that he mixes booze in.

We also need Michael Ironside...preferably as the same character he played in Starship Troopers.

I see. Swarthy, like Emmett Walsh in Blood Simple.

hit a few lake stops today on the bike with a large group of friends. It's funny that you can go to a bar full of hard core bikers, all tatted up and drinking, and there is never, ever, a problem and everyone has a great time.

Go to bar full of wanna be punks and they turn into tough guys after three drinks, and they have no clue what that even means. lol. I think there are more women carrying firearms in this place than men.

I was by the bar and a women was scooting by me and I felt something poke me.

I said " boy thats a big hairbrush under that T-Shirt ". She pulled up the back of her shirt and and snickered " No its a .357 snub nose. " lol:whee:

I took a few pics. Just a few.

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-422.jpg

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-426.jpg

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-424.jpg

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-419.jpg

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-418.jpg

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-417.jpg

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-425.jpg

Second Stop -

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-428.jpg

2010-01-01%2000.00.00-427.jpg

Those hose colours are wrong, Should be green and red, however seeing as the O2 bottle appears to be all black, this means this painting is UK, specifically older, perhaps mid 90's. In which case those cylinders would have been discontinued due to not passing testing. Not too sure if UK would designate blue as the hose colour for O2. Or if the artist just thought it was prettier for blue.

French and Saunders from Ditch Fahrenheit on Vimeo.

French and Saunders. The very Monty Python-esque sketch, which was custom made for guitarists and bassists, features appearances by Pink Floyd's David Gilmour, Dire Straits' Mark Knopfler and Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister, plus Gary Moore and Level 42 bassist Mark King—all of whom jam a bit at the end.The two gents at the beginning of the sketch are Rowland Rivron and Simon Brint; Dawn French plays the judge and Jennifer Saunders is the stenographer.The Drew Carey Show. In the scene, Drew and his cronies decide to hold a last-minute audition as they search for a guitarist for their band. The clip features, in order of appearance:• Slash• Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen• ZZ Top's Dusty Hill (who plays bass)• Matthew Sweet (Hey, it was the Nineties!)• Joey Ramone• Lisa Loeb• Dave Mustaine• Roy Clark (who plays fiddle in the clip)• Jonny Lang• Michael Stanley• Joe Walsh.