• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Why is he looking anyway? The nurse already took an x-ray and that should be enough. He's just showing off. And I bet he looked at the nurses knickers as well on the way out. 

Ok, so she's a Doctor, not a nurse. He's checking out her knickers either way. Superman? Snooperman more like.

So we're under the working assumption that that IS Superman?  Did you print it out and connect the dots just to make sure?

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

Anthony Abeles

Since it's an obsolete method of comics creation, whenever I see a good deal on hand-painted color guides I feel morally obligated to give them a good home! I recently scored THE ENTIRE BOOK'S WORTH of guides for Betty And Me #184 with colors done by longtime Archie and Marvel colorist Barry Goldman. Nice little piece of history to preserve and enjoy.

AHQfJEo.jpg

Matt Nelson answers basic grading questions from Storage Wars.

Of interest is the reason why CGC will put one incomplete book in a blue label and another in a green label. I don't agree, but at least they have a methodology for it.

Moebius - Jean Henri Gaston Giraud

In Search of Moebius (BBC 4 Documentary)

Documentary about Frenchman Jean Giraud, one of the most influential comic strip illustrators and authors of all time and also one of the genre's best kept secrets. He achieved his greatest fame under the pseudonym/alter ego Moebius, and his artistic influence extends beyond Europe to the USA and Japan. Features interviews with Giraud himself, Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee, American comic book artists Jim Lee and Mike Mignolla and many others.

sG9DfzR.jpg

Nww4tap.jpg

KI7LyRe.jpg

nc5XFqt.jpg

YJhmhUD.jpg

b0g7aQg.jpg

LIpVZnD.jpg

DC Cancels Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil Reprint Over Content Concerns

DC Comics has canceled the scheduled hardcover collection Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil Deluxe Edition over content concerns. The news was first revealed today via retailer Ryan Higgins’ Twitter account.

The hardcover would have collected the entire 24-chapter 1940’s Golden Age serial introducing Mr. Mind, a genius two-inch worm who joins with the Monster Society of Evil to destroy Captain Marvel. The collection was slated to include essays by Fawcett Comics expert P.C. Hamerlinck and comics historian Michael Uslan.

While the arc is considered a touchstone in comic book history, both from a writing and artistic perspective, it is also a product of its time and, as such, comes with some cultural baggage. The content DC is most likely concerned about involves racist caricatures and dialogue.

2BlvlIa.jpg

The comics cast a group of Asian characters — replete with slanted eyes and thick-rimmed glasses — as members of the Monster Society of Evil and adherents of the “Tokyo Torture Temple.” Another panel shows a Black person depicted in a racist fashion, speaking in intensely problematic vernacular.

fiiK9a0.jpg

While the historically-minded will no doubt be disappointed in DC’s decision to can the collection, it’s reasonable to argue that such arcs containing controversial material have no business being lavishly reproduced today. The cancellation also comes just as Warner Bros. is ramping up marketing for its upcoming film Shazam!

1 hour ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Is that show still on? :D

I only saw it a couple times.

I don't know if it's still on,but I saw that he has/had his own clothing line :whatthe:

Edited by porcupine48
fannies