• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome to the PGM!

105 posts in this topic

Here's a few guidelines to make visiting the PGM forum enjoyable for everyone,

- Make sure you have large clear scans of both the front and rear of your book (there are some great tips for uploading scans on pages 2/3)

- Don't crop the edges of your scans too tight to the book, edges and corners tell a lot about a grade.

- Tell us a little about the book, PQ, any known defects, if it lays flat etc.

- If you have a camera take some pics of how the book lays and interior.

- Try and have only one or two books per post, too many and it gets confusing.

- Post no more than three books per day, to keep from hogging the first page.

- Have fun, ask questions and learn from the guys here who have a keen eye

Cheers (thumbs u

How about how/where to upload scans and how to post them in here?

I size my scans to 1000 pixels wide and keep the aspect ratio allowing the height to auto size.

Batman366.jpg

Thank you Hado

I am sorry if my issue yesterday caused distress to some members, it was not my intent.

I hope this is stickied and helped people avoid social fau paux and I also hope it helps established members be more in-line and understanding of those whom are new to the site as well.

I am sorry if my issue yesterday caused distress to some members, it was not my intent.

It didn't. Don't worry about it.

Not at all, if anything it pointed out a need. (thumbs u

Hey Boozard

Can you explain in more detail how you size these? Is there a tab in photobucket?

This I what mine look like after being uploaded to photbucket unadulterated. The original scan was done at 300 dpi.

DD158front.jpg

Yours look much better.

Also if this becomes a sticky the images on photobucket get removed after a time. Not sure what we could do about that.

Hey Boozard

Can you explain in more detail how you size these? Is there a tab in photobucket?

This I what mine look like after being uploaded to photbucket unadulterated. The original scan was done at 300 dpi.

DD158front.jpg

Yours look much better.

Also if this becomes a sticky the images on photobucket get removed after a time. Not sure what we could do about that.

:popcorn:

Hey Boozard

I resize mine to 1000 pixels in width using Adobe CS2 after I've scanned them in, then I upload them to the site in my sigline. I just find it's better for hosting larger scan sizes, although I think there may be a way to enlarge scans hosted in Photobucket.