• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome to the PGM!

105 posts in this topic

Does anyone else dislike grading book's that don't belong to the person asking about the grade? Maybe it's just me but it seems lately there's been a rash of phone pics taken from LCS' or eBay auction picks.

Perhaps I'm just cranky today.

I think it is fine.

It is good to provide a service that will help other collectors make informed purchases and I hope that when I am uncertain about a book I will be able to post some pics in the forum.

Hey Boozard

Can you explain in more detail how you size these? Is there a tab in photobucket?

This I what mine look like after being uploaded to photbucket unadulterated. The original scan was done at 300 dpi.

DD158front.jpg

I am not saying this to be a smart alec but if you crop the area to be scanned just around the book and not the whole platen of the scanner, your book will probably fill the entire area of the scan at the size you have currently displayed -- which looks to be Photobucket's max for a free membership.

Just as a matter of information, I have found that 100 dpi (with out any resizing) gives you a reasonable scan: 400-500 kb and just over 1000 pixels in height.

Hey Boozard

Can you explain in more detail how you size these? Is there a tab in photobucket?

This I what mine look like after being uploaded to photbucket unadulterated. The original scan was done at 300 dpi.

DD158front.jpg

I am not saying this to be a smart alec but if you crop the area to be scanned just around the book and not the whole platen of the scanner, your book will probably fill the entire area of the scan at the size you have currently displayed -- which looks to be Photobucket's max for a free membership.

Just as a matter of information, I have found that 100 dpi (with out any resizing) gives you a reasonable scan: 400-500 kb and just over 1000 pixels in height.

That is a good idea.

I have no real need for a scanner apart from comic scans, wondering if you guys could recommend a reasonably priced scanner?

Apologies if there is a thread for this already, just like the quality of the scans in this thread!