• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade Competition: Part 2, hosted by Nikos and UV

405 posts in this topic

Another Update

The deadline is now this Friday.

If you have an excuse for not signing up and you would like to sign up contact me and i will try to get you in. SD people will be let in automatically if they miss the deadline.

All information about the competition will be released this Friday night (English Time).

All prize information will be released and there may even be scans for you to look at thumbsup2.gif

You will also find out about this years twist.

flowerred.gif

i hope the twist is that you can only vote by PM. those that consistently waited until near the end of the voting by round, and picked a grade that was close to the average selected at that point did very well last time.

waiting to see what others think isn't good for 2 reasons, first, it gives those who know little the chance to be very competitive and secondly, many folks are unduly influenced by the opinion of others.

i used to run taste testings of beer and champagne during vacations and major sporting events and would always admonish those who felt compelled to talk about their opinions, as it swayed others...........just my opinion.......

You in OldGuy?

confused.gif

Ok, I'm in. At least until I find out what the prize is. tongue.gif

who cares about the prizes - it's the thrill of the competition - the bragging rights - JC and FFB duking it out - whatever........... grin.gif

hey JC; did someone actually get your points in the last contest??

Another Update

The deadline is now this Friday.

If you have an excuse for not signing up and you would like to sign up contact me and i will try to get you in. SD people will be let in automatically if they miss the deadline.

All information about the competition will be released this Friday night (English Time).

All prize information will be released and there may even be scans for you to look at thumbsup2.gif

You will also find out about this years twist.

flowerred.gif

i hope the twist is that you can only vote by PM. those that consistently waited until near the end of the voting by round, and picked a grade that was close to the average selected at that point did very well last time.

waiting to see what others think isn't good for 2 reasons, first, it gives those who know little the chance to be very competitive and secondly, many folks are unduly influenced by the opinion of others.

i used to run taste testings of beer and champagne during vacations and major sporting events and would always admonish those who felt compelled to talk about their opinions, as it swayed others...........just my opinion.......

Good idea!

Not that I was swayed by your opinion... wink.gif

I am in

P.S. Rule #27: Thou shalt not whine about "how I'd be in first place if only I didn't miss half of the grading contests".

P.S. Rule #28: No quitting the contest halfway through and giving your points to someone else, cheater! makepoint.gif

P.S. Rule #29 Read Rule #28 After reading Rule #28 Read Rule #29

Davidking623

You dont suppose people cheated 893scratchchin-thumb.gif the first time blush.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

You in OldGuy?

confused.gif

Ok, I'm in. At least until I find out what the prize is. tongue.gif

who cares about the prizes - it's the thrill of the competition - the bragging rights - JC and FFB duking it out - whatever........... grin.gif

I really get very little thrill from competition. There has to be more then bragging rights up to maintain my interest.

Here is the master list of people i have so far.

You are only included if you have put 'I am in' or something along that line.

If you can't see your name on the list just tell me on here and i will add you.

blowout

kryptonitecomics

NewtSamson

osborn_france

xsmanx

awe4one

beaumonts

Fan4Fan

Burntboy

redhook

Ze-Man

jimm94

DKB

deathlok

joe_collector

143ksk

Rocketeer

Arty

Stout1

inconceivable

davidking623

DiceX

divadrabnud

fantasyfootballbono

savagetales

Jeffreykli

BILL43

OldGuy

Dmac538

sfilosa

Ok, now that I have three accounts playing I should stand a good chance. stooges.gif

A good way to eliminate shills would be to require a shipping address in order to play.

Ok, now that I have three accounts playing I should stand a good chance. stooges.gif

A good way to eliminate shills would be to require a shipping address in order to play.

It would just be sad if some loser used shills to win

hi.gif OldGuy

Don't worry about the problem with people cheating and copying grades like last time i don't think it will happen this time for some reason 893scratchchin-thumb.gif