• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, JLA Brad said:

If that is the asking price, it is going to be asked for another 50 years.  Completely unrealistic - a lone 9.8 wouldn't even come close to commanding that.  It's not Marvel...or the first Superman or Batman - expectations need to be tempered.

BB 28 is a cool book and a better book than Avengers 1 (at least in terms of scarcity in grade) but with that said, I don't think it's a six figure book in 9.0 but probably just under that for a really nice copy.  Having owned a two 9.0s and a 9.2 I can only say this is not one of the DC SA keys that I truly desire in grade.  As a series and the covers, I prefer Flash, Action, Superman and of course anything Batman related with a great cover.  

39 minutes ago, JLA Brad said:
53 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

The price for this book will move if the lone 9.6 ever sells.

Asking price for that one is currently at $900K IIRC.

If that is the asking price, it is going to be asked for another 50 years.  Completely unrealistic - a lone 9.8 wouldn't even come close to commanding that.  It's not Marvel...or the first Superman or Batman - expectations need to be tempered.

This.

Kind of reminds me of the SC22 9.2 @ 250K

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Owner doesn't care if it sells or not.

And if someone wants it, that's the price unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong...if I had that lone 9.6, I would be asking for an astronomical price as well...mainly because I would have no real interest in selling it.  When the time came that I WOULD want to sell it, well then I would probably be modifying my asking price.

And you never know, someone with extremely deep pockets with the desire to own it (and who has little concern for the investment aspect of the book) might buy it.  Seems unlikely, but if the seller doesn't offer it, there is no chance of getting that amount.  I just don't think that book will ever be worth that much.

25 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Seems like almost every single SA key are duds right now.

A lot of it is timing, This book would have done a lot better if JL was a much better movie. March/April is great when selling cause people get their refund checks. People trying to flip a 9.0 BB 28 back to back to back doesn't help the cause, they all want to pay less than what it sold for previously which just ends up being a race to the bottom, only to move onto something else.  

I was surprised to see the two copies go back to back. The first one took out the high bidder and the Clink copy had to settle for the second highest bidder from the first one at a lower price point. 

On the flip side, the buyer tonight got the nicer looking copy for less so they must be happy lol 

On 11/22/2017 at 3:21 PM, JLA Brad said:

Don't get me wrong...if I had that lone 9.6, I would be asking for an astronomical price as well...mainly because I would have no real interest in selling it.  When the time came that I WOULD want to sell it, well then I would probably be modifying my asking price.

And you never know, someone with extremely deep pockets with the desire to own it (and who has little concern for the investment aspect of the book) might buy it.  Seems unlikely, but if the seller doesn't offer it, there is no chance of getting that amount.  I just don't think that book will ever be worth that much.

Well said, and I agree with most. I don't agree with "if the seller doesn't offer it, there is no chance..." that it will sell. If anyone really wants it they can find it...

Wow. B&B #28 did not do well at all in the Clink auction. Last night the CGC 8.0 barely topped $20K, and the CGC 6.0 only hit $5700.

Edited by kimik

4 hours ago, kimik said:

Wow. B&B #28 did not do well at all in the Clink auction. Last night the CGC 8.0 barely topped $20K, and the CGC 6.0 only hit $5700.

A 2-3 year low. Someone picked that up for a sweet price. I was giving it serious thought.

It'll be interesting to see what the SC22 7.0 and 8.5 end up at.

Edited by Howling Mad

On 11/22/2017 at 2:58 PM, VintageComics said:

So what then would be his motive for putting it up for sale? Does he frequently act without caring about the consequences of his actions?

???

Edited by Hepcat

10 minutes ago, Hepcat said:
On 11/22/2017 at 2:58 PM, VintageComics said:

So what then would be his motive for putting it up for sale? Does he frequently act without caring about the consequences of his actions?

My reply was in regards to people complaining about the price. The book was priced at a point where they are happy to sit on it if it doesn't sell.

Posting that an asking price is silly in the context of this thread though is a fair comment. It could even be correct. Such a comment doesn't by itself constitute "complaining" about the price.

:|

Well, it's no secret that B&B 28 has been declining in price for the past year now ever since it's spike 2 or so years ago.  The results didn't surprise me at all.  Looks for DC keys, all the momentum is on SC #22 right now after the CL sales.

50 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Well, it's no secret that B&B 28 has been declining in price for the past year now ever since it's spike 2 or so years ago.  The results didn't surprise me at all.  Looks for DC keys, all the momentum is on SC #22 right now after the CL sales.

Agreed, however those were exceptionally high-grades for that book. 7.0 and 8.5.

7.0 is many times rarer than even a 6.5, it's like the edge of the cliff for that book. 8.5? Forget it. I wish we all had the foresight to buy one of those 10 years ago!

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

The movie didn't hit it out of the park didn't help BB28. The book still doing well if you bought 5 years+ ago.

12 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:
15 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

The movie didn't hit it out of the park didn't help BB28. The book still doing well if you bought 5 years+ ago.

You can practically say that about any Marvel or DC key.  You would be doing very well had you bought then.  But if in the past 2-3 years, then not good if trying to sell.

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

You can practically say that about any Marvel or DC key.  You would be doing very well had you bought then.  But if in the past 2-3 years, then not good if trying to sell.

True, but if you bought any big keys before 2008 you are doing just fine. An example, if you bought a SC22 in 2010-2012, you were under performing not until the later of 2015 . But again, the market is so "first appearance" driven now, so group of characters forming a team; such, as Avengers 1 or BB28 doesn't have the appeal as it use to. On the other hand, Fantastic Four 1 and X-men 1 contains many first appearances which out shines Avengers 1 or BB28. Another example would be X-Men 94 which lost a lot of luster to Giant-Size X-Men 1 and Hulk 181. 

Edited by showcase22gr1959