• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

IMO, BB28 is the most difficult Silver Age key to find in high grade.

I think it`s relatively easy, actually.

I think B&B 29 & 30, Showcase 8, 13, 14, 17 & 22 are harder.

+1. B&B 28 is relatively easy in higher grade compared to these books.

AS8: yes first WW somewhere in the book, but not on the cover which has limited its appeal for decades.

I'm not sure I agree... Who cares if WW is not on this cover. All Star 8 is probably one of my top 5 favorite Golden Age covers. WW 1st appearance and a great cover makes this a good investment for me at least.

Strange Tales 110 is an example of an important 1st appearance that has a lousy cover. It took a long time for Marvel to give Doc Strange a decent cover.

yes. but St 110 sells for a lot less than its first appearance cousins. And not only due to Doc's lesser tier status. But together, they keep the value down.

then again, ST 110 is a good spec bet. sooner or later hell be in the Marvel Films lineup, and its still cheap.

Just for sh*ts and giggles: link us up some of the easy to find B&B 28s in higher grade. I know there's an 8 out there.....and some 6-7s. But they are all few and far between. Try to compare that to the voluminous list of higher grade Avengers 1s. I'll have to respectfully disagree that it's easy to find a bunch of high grade B&B 28s.

Just for sh*ts and giggles: link us up some of the easy to find B&B 28s in higher grade. I know there's an 8 out there.....and some 6-7s. But they are all few and far between. Try to compare that to the voluminous list of higher grade Avengers 1s. I'll have to respectfully disagree that it's easy to find a bunch of high grade B&B 28s.

Absolutely agree with this. And Bob's assertion that BB #28 is a great cover. I have always loved this cover, that (mostly) MA art is fabulous.

Great renditions of Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman

I say buy one if you can find one. (thumbs u

I agree Brave and the Bold 28 has a great cover. BB28 is not as scarce in higer grade versus the other books as Tim mentioned, though there are more folks holding on to their copies above 6.5+....I'm one of them. ;)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

oh, i believe tim can put you in touch with something a mite higher grade than an 8.0. plus according to the census there are 26 B&B #28's in 8.0 or better. the other books on that list have half as many or less.

Edited by paperheart

BB28 in high grade is extremely hard to obtain if you make less than 80K a year.....so here's some advice for the kiddies if you want one.....Don't stop in at the Pool Hall on the way to college and don't fall in love with a Go-Go Girl ......unless it's only for a few weeks......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm not sure if I can phrase this correctly, but I'll try.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman built DC from the 40's through the 50's...

Could it be said that the Justice League of America propelled DC through the 60's, 70's and some of the 80's?

For the record, I love B&B28! :)

RELATIVELY easy. :gossip:

It`s all relative. I would say that more B&B 28s in 9.0 and above have come up for sale in the last 10 years much more often than the other books I`ve listed, except for Showcase 22 and that`s a recent phenomenon.

Also, my comment about being relatively easy was in relation to DCs. Marvels are a different planet. There`s no such thing as a scarce SA Marvel, particularly one as late as Avengers 1.

oh, i believe tim can put you in touch with something a mite higher grade than an 8.0. plus according to the census there are 26 B&B #28's in 8.0 or better. the other books on that list have half as many or less.

I`m really tempted to say something like "What do you own, sonny?"

First of all I am not keen in investing in DC silver age comic books. I like DC silver age comics to read,but usually the are slow movers. With that being said

we find that Brave & Bold #28 is something special.

The last time I suggested a pick about a silver age DC comicbook it was Showcase 22, and that eventually exploded in prices across the board. I now highly recommend Brave & Bold #28.

Brave & Bold #28 will be considered DC`s Fantastic Four #1.

Hopefully Warner will do a better job with the Justice League moviewise, than it did with Green Lantern, but it won`t matter because it`s all about buying now and selling right before the JLA movie, then rinse and repeat on to the next blockbuster superhero movie. ;)

That's pretty funny, BB28 influenced the FF!

I'm not sure if I can phrase this correctly, but I'll try.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman built DC from the 40's through the 50's...

Could it be said that the Justice League of America propelled DC through the 60's, 70's and some of the 80's?

For the record, I love B&B28! :)

The Superman family of titles ( inc. Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Superboy, Adventure and World's Finest) consistently outsold JLA in the 1960's, as did the Batman titles towards the end of the decade. JLA was a reasonably strong seller, but it could hardly be said to have propelled the line.