• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many "small defects" can a 9.8 have?
2 2

28 posts in this topic

I think when it comes to slabbing. I just want a book encased. The grade has very little to do with it at the end of the day. I just want the ability to look at my book, I'm not looking at what it says in the top left hand corner. I don't slab for value, or buy slabs for value.

In that case, it looks like a lot of spine wear, and a surprising 9.8

Just now, BaronSamedi said:

I think when it comes to slabbing. I just want a book encased. The grade has very little to do with it at the end of the day. I just want the ability to look at my book, I'm not looking at what it says in the top left hand corner. I don't slab for value, or buy slabs for value.

In that case, it looks like a lot of spine wear, and a surprising 9.8

Why not just buy cases and forego 3rd party grading?

4 minutes ago, eastcoaster said:

Why not just buy cases and forego 3rd party grading?

I do on some of my books. But if i am at a show and there is a book I want and its graded, then I will buy it, too me it is more about the book itself than the grade or which company has graded it either.

Edited by BaronSamedi

On 4/18/2022 at 8:52 AM, Trini Mendiola said:

How sharp do corners need to be on a 9.8? I’m submitting amazing Spider-Man 316 and the spine looks flawless. No ticks. Cover looks flawless except for the upper right hand corner is not as sharp as the other 3 corners. Thoughts ?

IMO, you can have slight blunting of a corner in a 9.6 but not higher.