• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Selling / Trading Thread ONLY
17 17

895 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I’m running a sale with Warrens and a few more books tomorrow night!

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/463973-magazines-warrens-frazetta-high-grade/

Oh my God! Those are some beautiful books you've got there.🥰

2 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Recently acquired some Vampi's and some Savage Swords that I need to gauge interest on. Not sure if I should do a separate thread or mix them in with another comic sale that I have in the works...or just offer them to you fine folks here...

The Oakman is the arbiter of such questions around these parts, stranger.  Pray that he smiles upon you and do NOT anger him.  :sumo:

Just now, Randall Dowling said:

The Oakman is the arbiter of such questions around these parts, stranger.  Pray that he smiles upon you and do NOT anger him.  :sumo:

Oakman? Good to know. And yeah, I've seen him angry and you wouldn't want to see him when he's angry. I'll be on my best behavior :shy:

22 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Oakman? Good to know. And yeah, I've seen him angry and you wouldn't want to see him when he's angry. I'll be on my best behavior :shy:

I wouldn't worry too much, LOL.  I'm as Green as they come and he's been beyond patient, good humored, and helpful.  Can't go wrong calling on Oakman.  One heck of a great guy as I've found so many to be on these boards!!!:headbang:

Edited by This is Who We Are

1 minute ago, This is Who We Are said:

I wouldn't worry too much, LOL.  I'm as Green as they come and he's been beyond patient and helpful to me.  Can't go wrong calling on Oakman.  One heck of a great guy as I've found so many to be on these boards!!!:headbang:

I was going to say that he and I go way back but thought better of it as I might have knocked him out of a grading tournament once. And since we're on his home turf I should probably just....creep eerily around and not speak unless spoken to.

7 minutes ago, This is Who We Are said:

I wouldn't worry too much, LOL.  I'm as Green as they come and he's been beyond patient, good humored, and helpful.  Can't go wrong calling on Oakman.  One heck of a great guy as I've found so many to be on these boards!!!:headbang:

Shucks. 😊

4 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I was going to say that he and I go way back but thought better of it as I might have knocked him out of a grading tournament once. And since we're on his home turf I should probably just....creep eerily around and not speak unless spoken to.

What's up brother.😉

Just now, oakman29 said:

What's up brother.😉

Not a lotta. Doing a consignment with some cool stuff. I pulled about 15 nice/decent Vampi's and then about 25 very nice Savage Swords. Not sure if I should mix with a normal comic thread, give them their own thread or just offer them here to the magazine peeps rather than the general public. Also unsure what the demand is like for SSOC as I did some searching in our fine search engine and couldn't find a whole lot. Of course, I have 2 copies of a sorta early SSOC in great shape and would flow it your way for your sage advice :headbang:

2 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Not a lotta. Doing a consignment with some cool stuff. I pulled about 15 nice/decent Vampi's and then about 25 very nice Savage Swords. Not sure if I should mix with a normal comic thread, give them their own thread or just offer them here to the magazine peeps rather than the general public. Also unsure what the demand is like for SSOC as I did some searching in our fine search engine and couldn't find a whole lot. Of course, I have 2 copies of a sorta early SSOC in great shape and would flow it your way for your sage advice :headbang:

Randall Dowling is the master of the magazine sales thread. I just love to buy buy buy.

I would probably get his fruitful opinion, but I would put it in with your regular sales thread,  but post in our section letting us know all about it.😉

5 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Randall Dowling is the master of the magazine sales thread. I just love to buy buy buy.

I would probably get his fruitful opinion, but I would put it in with your regular sales thread,  but post in our section letting us know all about it.😉

Amen! Thanks Gents. So thou would venture to say there might be interest in Savage Sword mags in HG if they're priced nicely?

1 minute ago, Kramerica said:

Amen! Thanks Gents. So thou would venture to say there might be interest in Savage Sword mags in HG if they're priced nicely?

Hell yes. How are the Vampi books? What #'s do you have total?

Just now, oakman29 said:

Hell yes. How are the Vampi books? What #'s do you have total?

So, I've done a preliminary grading on them but would do a 2nd before posting. I also didn't grade any 9.2 just cause I wanted to wait until I did a more thorough grading. But I gave them a 9.0 based upon looking darn sharp. I probably left 30 issues out as they graded lower than 7.0 or didn't present that nicely:

Vampirella 41 7.0
Vampirella 47 8.0
Vampirella 49 9.0
Vampirella 55 7.5
Vampirella 58 7.5/8.0
Vampirella 59 9.0
Vampirella 60 8.5
Vampirella 61 8.5/9.0
Vampirella 64 7.5
Vampirella 66 8.5
Vampirella 71 8.0
Vampirella 72 8.5
Vampirella 73 9.0
Vampirella 75 9.0

With the Savage Swords some *might* grade higher than 9.2 but they need another "once over". 

Savage Sword of Conan 5 7.5
Savage Sword of Conan 6 8.5
Savage Sword of Conan 7 9.0
Savage Sword of Conan 9 9.2
Savage Sword of Conan 10 8.5
Savage Sword of Conan 11 9.0
Savage Sword of Conan 12 9.2
Savage Sword of Conan 12 8.5
Savage Sword of Conan 15 9.0
Savage Sword of Conan 16 9.0
Savage Sword of Conan 17 9.2
Savage Sword of Conan 18 8.5