• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Selling / Trading Thread ONLY
17 17

898 posts in this topic

I'd start at the end and do ten issue lots.  Single sales are a lot of work, I'd go with lots and incentives for multi-lot purchases.  If it was a monthly magazine, maybe do a year per lot. 

If anyone is in the market, there's a full run of VAMPIRELLA magazines up for sale on daBay right now, with a #1 "signed" (not CGC) by Forrest Ackerman.

LINK

I've been watching it for a while, just out of curiosity, because he first had it listed at like $4799 or something like that, which seemed a little high for the condition of the books (they don't look BAD or anything--though it's hard to tell much from pics of books in bags--but they don't look very pristine, either).  Once I had it on my watchlist, the seller sent me an offer of like $4200, and he has also pretty rapidly brought the price down another couple of times to his current price of $3599.  But he may be motivated to make a deal if someone sends him a credible offer.

On 2/6/2024 at 8:11 PM, Axe Elf said:

If anyone is in the market, there's a full run of VAMPIRELLA magazines up for sale on daBay right now, with a #1 "signed" (not CGC) by Forrest Ackerman.

LINK

I've been watching it for a while, just out of curiosity, because he first had it listed at like $4799 or something like that, which seemed a little high for the condition of the books (they don't look BAD or anything--though it's hard to tell much from pics of books in bags--but they don't look very pristine, either).  Once I had it on my watchlist, the seller sent me an offer of like $4200, and he has also pretty rapidly brought the price down another couple of times to his current price of $3599.  But he may be motivated to make a deal if someone sends him a credible offer.

Down to $3399 now...

It’s no longer just a lazy Sunday

If you all haven’t yet seen it, Randall Dowling is just getting warmed up with an incredible thread of vintage magazines- Frazetta, Warren, and other desirable publications.  
His kudos thread alone speaks for itself.

here’s the link

On 2/6/2024 at 8:11 PM, Axe Elf said:

LINK

On 2/14/2024 at 3:37 PM, Axe Elf said:

Down to $3399 now...

Relisted today at $2999...  I may have to get me a backup set.  (j/k)