• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Comics Figurine Collection

78 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My name is Jared Zichek and I'm a big fan of Golden Age comics, especially super hero, science fiction and horror comics by the more obscure publishers. I'm also a 3D artist and sculptor, and I'm developing an idea for a line of small hand-painted metal figurines of public domain characters from the Golden Age. These would be very similar to the Classic Marvel Figurine Collection and DC Comics Super Hero Collection produced by Eaglemoss.

To kick off the collection, I recently sculpted a figurine of an offbeat character called Stardust the Super Wizard, originally created by Fletcher Hanks. I've just launched a Kickstarter campaign to finance a limited production run of the figure for fans of Hanks and his bizarre creation.

8184084534_fce1b562fc_z.jpg

8183970878_664c803a54_z.jpg

8183935567_f65ac9135c_z.jpg

8183972138_c1ecc277f3_z.jpg

8183971272_564cf1b9cc_z.jpg

The figure is sculpted at 1/21 scale, the same scale as the Eaglemoss figurines. The figure stands 4.45" (11.3 cm) tall including the base; it is equivalent to an Eaglemoss "Special" due to its above average size. The production figurine will be made of white metal and hand-painted; cost is $25 plus shipping for a single figurine. Backers should receive their figure by March/April 2013. The campaign ends Friday, December 14 at 12:54 am.

If the project is a success, I hope to proceed with the ongoing series; I welcome any suggestions you have for future characters to include!

Best Regards,

Jared Zichek

I saw this announced the other day on Robot6!

I really like your style but I see you didn't have international shipping...

I'd really like to see a Classic Monsters line!

Hope you hit the 6,700$ Goal!

Welcome to the Board!

Thank you stevescu!!! Yes, Black Terror and several other Nedor characters are high on my list to do.

DiceX, if you want to read more Fletcher Hanks insanity, I highly recommend two excellent books edited by Paul Karasik, I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets! and You Shall Die By Your Own Evil Creation!, both published by Fantagraphics in 2007 and 2009. They are two of my favorite archival comics collections.

Nice work, and it's a pretty cool idea. Best of luck with your kickstarter. (thumbs u

Hi All,

My name is Jared Zichek and I'm a big fan of Golden Age comics, especially super hero, science fiction and horror comics by the more obscure publishers. I'm also a 3D artist and sculptor, and I'm developing an idea for a line of small hand-painted metal figurines of public domain characters from the Golden Age. These would be very similar to the Classic Marvel Figurine Collection and DC Comics Super Hero Collection produced by Eaglemoss,

To kick off the collection, I recently sculpted a figurine of an offbeat character called Stardust the Super Wizard, originally created by Fletcher Hanks. I've just launched a Kickstarter campaign to finance a limited production run of the figure for fans of Hanks and his bizarre creation.

8184084534_fce1b562fc_z.jpg

8183970878_664c803a54_z.jpg

8183935567_f65ac9135c_z.jpg

8183972138_c1ecc277f3_z.jpg

8183971272_564cf1b9cc_z.jpg

The figure is sculpted at 1/21 scale, the same scale as the Eaglemoss figurines. The figure stands 4.45" (11.3 cm) tall including the base; it is equivalent to an Eaglemoss "Special" due to its above average size. The production figurine will be made of white metal and hand-painted; cost is $25 plus shipping for a single figurine. Backers should receive their figure by March/April 2013. The campaign ends Friday, December 14 at 12:54 am.

If the project is a success, I hope to proceed with the ongoing series; I welcome any suggestions you have for future characters to include!

Best Regards,

Jared Zichek

Cool !!

I'm definitely big fan of classic horror comics; I found many inspirational creatures of the night in the Four Color Fear and The Horror! The Horror! archival collections. My preference would be to include a few of these in the collection or break them out in their own subcollection if there is a market for them.

Thank you radjack! I actually do have international shipping - for instance, you just need to add $4 to the $36 pledge to ship overseas. I sincerely wish the shipping cost were lower, but lead is heavy!

-Jared

Well sir then I'll buy one as soon as I get some extra money at the start of December! I hope you make a good collection instead of just this one!

I'm definitely big fan of classic horror comics; I found many inspirational creatures of the night in the Four Color Fear and The Horror! The Horror! archival collections. My preference would be to include a few of these in the collection or break them out in their own subcollection if there is a market for them.

Now this is what I always wanted, I'm pretty sure these would sell like hot cakes! Most people (well people who would buy this) are into horror anyway so I think you'd have a real market with a horror collection!

---------------------------------------------------

Best of luck for you and this project!

I'll have to support this as all the GA greats need a sculpt.

You have me at supersnipe with hitler and a pin, or a group shot throwing Tojo, hitler and Mussolini into the fiery puts with the devil laughing.