• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Comics Figurine Collection

78 posts in this topic

Thanks Jimbo! Despite the failure of the Kickstarter, I hope to bring out a resin version of the figure early next year; if you are interested, you can join my newsletter and I will notify you when it is ready.

As for the Kickstarter, I think the main problems were the price and shipping costs, which were driven by my initial decision to have it cast in lead, like the Eaglemoss figurines. My survey (which is still open to those who have not taken it) indicated that resin was preferred over lead by a 2 to 1 margin. Should have conducted the survey prior to launching the Kickstarter - live and learn!

I'm hoping to have about 250 Stardust figurines produced and have them distributed through Amazon and Diamond. If I do Amazon FBA, I may be able to offer it with free shipping for orders $25 and over. I'm hoping I can price the figure at about $20 or so.

Fantomah is well along - busy right now sculpting her mass of curly hair. I will try to post some pics in the near future. I want to see how the Stardust figurine sells before I have her produced though.

Thanks to those who supported the project and happy holidays to everyone on the board!

-Jared

Greetings All,

After months of waiting, Fletcher Hanks's Stardust the Super Wizard is finally available as limited edition, hand painted polyresin figurine!

9398885658_216d873afe_o.jpg

9396119211_3f04a26969_o.jpg

9398886492_bf9dfcfce7_o.jpg

9398887166_8613034f15_o.jpg

9398888576_b840577453_o.jpg

9398888066_bc459e7c7c_c.jpg

9398889888_7ec7e034f3_o.jpg

Sculpted at 1/21 scale and standing 4.3" tall, Stardust is the first in a new series of figurines devoted to selected superhero, science fiction and horror characters from the Golden Age of Comics. This collection is designed to complement the existing series of Marvel and DC superheroes produced by Eaglemoss of England. Only 300 total pieces have been produced, divided into 3 color variants: the Grey Boots Edition (180 pieces); the Yellow Boots Edition (75 pieces); and the Red Boots Edition (45 pieces). Each variant has its own label, is individually numbered, and comes in a custom full color box.

The figurine is priced at $27.95, which includes free economy shipping for U.S. residents. It is available direct from the manufacturer at Goldenagefigurines.com, on eBay, and will soon be available on Amazon. International customers are advised to wait until the figurine appears on Amazon, as we do not directly fulfill international orders.

Special Auction of the "Number One" Figurines

I have set aside the "Number One" figures of each color variant and put them up for auction on eBay; the Stardust Grey Boots Edition serial no. 1/180 is listed here; the Yellow Boots Edition serial no. 1/75 is listed here; and the Red Boots Edition serial no. 1/45 is listed here. The starting price for each is $27.95, the same as the rest of the figurines, so you have the chance of purchasing one at the same cost as a figurine with higher numbering. The auctions end Monday, August 5, between 8 and 8:10pm PST. Good luck and thanks for your support!

Best Regards,

Jared

Wow, what a busy day of preparing shipments! Got them all done and to the post office this evening. The Red Boots Edition of Stardust is proving to be very popular; at this rate, it will be sold out by early next week!

I wanted to let everyone know that the figurines are now up on Amazon and are eligible for free shipping to U.S. residents. So, if that is your retailer of choice, you can now buy them through there. I added a second box with packing material around each figurine before shipping them to their warehouses, so they should be delivered intact by Amazon to your doorstep.

Thanks for all the orders so far - hope you enjoy the figurines!

-Jared

In case anyone wants an idea of the size, here you go.

He's just a smidgen taller than the Eaglemoss Thanos and towers over regular Eaglemoss figs.

It's very well made and comes in a beautiful box. I can't wait to see the next figure. (thumbs u

Oh, and I received it in just a few days.

Congratulations on your figures, Jared. You've done a fantastic job with them. :headbang:

139872.jpg.290c2fd7a0df54362af828f9558c2ceb.jpg

139873.jpg.be44758c5800d28486b328a1b1a9407f.jpg

Thanks DiceX - glad you like the figurine! It's cool to start seeing him join collections across the country.

A note regarding the height - I measured Stardust against various gangsters in the original comics; assuming the gangsters were 6 ft tall, Stardust could vary between 7 and 10 ft tall in single story depending on the panel. This version would be about 7' 6" at 1:1 scale and is about the size of an Eaglemoss Special.

9498053317_9aa4d0677a_c.jpg

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we're now completely sold out of the Red Boots Edition of the Stardust figurine - thanks very much to those who have supported us thus far! We're now down to the Grey and Yellow Boots Editions, so if one of those interest you, please check them out on Goldenagefigurines.com. Thanks!

-Jared

9683281_orig.jpg

Wanted to let everyone know that Goldenagefigurines.com is sponsoring a contest on the Digital Comic Museum (DCM) site, one of the web's premiere sources of free scanned public domain comic books. As you can imagine, the site requires a lot of bandwidth, and DCM relies on donations from members to pay their hefty monthly server bill. To encourage more donations and help publicize The Golden Age Comics Figurine Collection, I am providing one free Stardust the Super Wizard (Grey Boots Edition) figurine to a lucky donor at the end of September. For every dollar donated, the donor will get 1 ticket towards the figurine in the raffle. To read the official contest rules, please visit DCM for more information; it's a great site worthy of your support!

Hi All,

The first superheroine in the history of comics will soon be available as a limited edition, hand painted polyresin figurine from Goldenagefigurines.com:

9411616_orig.jpg

Created by the enigmatic Fletcher Hanks, Fantomah is a mysterious supernatural protector of the African jungles who inflicts bizarre and brutal punishments on evildoers. All of the Fantomah tales drawn by Hanks have been collected in two fantastic books edited by Paul Karasik, I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets! and You Shall Die by Your Own Evil Creation!, both published by Fantagraphics. Fantomah is sculpted at 1/21 scale and stands 3.75" (9.5 cm) tall, with an estimated weight of 1.25 oz (35.4 g). The production run will be limited to 250 pieces and divided into 3 color variants: the white, yellow, and blue skull editions, each based on a specific color scheme from the original comics. The ratio of each variant produced will depend upon the number of pre-orders received. Each variant will have its own label, be individually numbered, and come in a full color printed box.

To reduce the chance of breakage, the figurine will be packaged separately from the base; a small drop of super glue will be required to attach it. The pre-order price in our online shop is just $14.95; the offer is good until October 31, 2013, after which the figurine will be priced at $16.95. We anticipate the figurines to arrive by December 2013/January 2014. The final product may differ somewhat from the digital illustration shown here, as it is a hand painted item.

We also have some special package deals: the Fantomah Two Variant Special for just $28.90 (a savings of $1 over ordering them separately); a Fantomah Three Variant Special for just $42.85 (a savings of $2 over ordering them separately); and a Fantomah+Stardust Special for just $36.62 (a savings of $3 over ordering them separately). All offers expire 10/31/13.

Best Regards,

Jared