• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

Deadpool rocks! :headbang: Right up there in coolness with the Punisher and Wolverine in my book.

2011-11-13004002.jpg[/img]

Personally, I like him better. (shrug) I'm curious to see how high this book can go despite its numbers. I think of Hulk 181, and how the price just kept going up and up, even with its sheer numbers. Are the print runs comparable?

Deadpool rocks! :headbang: Right up there in coolness with the Punisher and Wolverine in my book.

Personally, I like him better. (shrug) I'm curious to see how high this book can go despite its numbers. I think of Hulk 181, and how the price just kept going up and up, even with its sheer numbers. Are the print runs comparable?

I also like Deadpool more, but to me hes in the same class as the Wolverine and the Punisher (the COOL class). Deadpool was one of the few newer comics I enjoyed READING.....Before I swore off any title that didnt start in 1960s. :sumo:

It's a little bit of both. The book is not uncommon, but it's only going for "hundreds" in 9.8. There are 800+ in 9.8, so it's not all that uncommon either. The books sitting in an overstock bin or forgotten in a storage locker may not be 9.8's all, and that is overlooked. The raw "ebay NM" is still a $60-$80 book, and I don't think that's all out of line when the character's popularity is considered. It's when those start going for $100+ consistently that one needs to say the bubble's ready to burst, because the market can/will be absolutely saturated with "good enough" raw copies.

It all depends on how big Deadpool gets. If he enters wolverine/spiderman/batman territory, (which i believe he's capable of), 900+ 9.8's may not be too many, and there still might be a big demand, like Hulk 181 continues to have in any grade. New collectors would have to come out of the woodwork in order to keep that kind of price, though. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Edited by Paper Airplane

It all depends on how big Deadpool gets. If he enters wolverine/spiderman/batman territory, (which i believe he's capable of), 900+ 9.8's may not be too many, and there still might be a big demand, like Hulk 181 continues to have in any grade. New collectors would have to come out of the woodwork in order to keep that kind of price, though. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

For the most part, I agree. This one is very much Hulk 181 all the way (which is also a fairly "common" book). Character's popularity is going to drive the price more than anything else.

For the most part, I agree. This one is very much Hulk 181 all the way (which is also a fairly "common" book). Character's popularity is going to drive the price more than anything else.

I love the character. Probably my favorite. I believe that the movie means everything for this book, though. Bad movie? The price will sink like a bag of rocks. An established character like spiderman or wolverine can take a hit from a subpar showing, but not deadpool.. yet. This movie can only go 2 ways, in my opinion.. a monster home run or a big whiff. They HAVE to do this right. Edited by Paper Airplane