• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

DEADPOOL is a great character to collect before the prices explode in the future.

Get in on the ground floor now!

cle.jpg

Why are prices going to EXPLODE?

He is a great character and I am a fan of the books, but NM98 is already taking in quite a bit of dough for how common it is...

Movie speculation?

Word of mouth campaign?

Free sticker program?

movie and videogame speculation.

Deadpool_(video_game).jpg

Also I am willing to bet that buying $5000 dollars worth of NM 98s will be more profitable then buying one low grade AF#15 for $5000 at the end of the next 5 years.

Any thoughts?

hm

Define "profitable."

Also, I will be buying that game.

Also, also, what happens if the $5000 worth of NM98s are worth $2500 in five years? Will you make up the rest in cash?

If you can try to go to the GPA analysis website.

If you go back 4 or 5 years ago, and play with some numbers you can make a case that CGC 9.0 grades and up were a better long-term investment then buying one low grade AF#15 CGC.

DEADPOOL is a great character to collect before the prices explode in the future.

cle.jpg

He is a great character and I am a fan of the books, but NM98 is already taking in quite a bit of dough for how common it is...

Movie speculation?

Word of mouth campaign?

Free sticker program?

Also I am willing to bet that buying $5000 dollars worth of NM 98s will be more profitable then buying one low grade AF#15 for $5000 at the end of the next 5 years.

Any thoughts?

High risk, high reward. All depends on that movie.

Exactly. If Deadpool can pull off a Wolverine type box-office at the theatres,then you will have a high reward! :cloud9:

cle.jpg

Movie speculation?

Word of mouth campaign?

Free sticker program?

Any thoughts?

Exactly. If Deadpool can pull off a Wolverine type box-office at the theatres,then you will have a high reward! :cloud9:

Let's say the movie is a MEGA hit. Still not sold that his character has the right appeal to people of all ages (particularly young kids) necessary for long-term sustainable growth. Is your point that it will create a bubble (i.e. prices will swell leading up to the movie and bust post DVD release)?

There are over 1,000 9.8s and over 1,000 9.6s in the registry, with virtually 10,000 more waiting to be subbed in similar grades (book was only printed in 91')... Movie or not, the book is definitely over-valued already.

How much upside do you think there is?

Not saying there isn't money to be made here, there is. But I highly doubt it is a book that will appreciate to the level of other already well established keys (as presumed by previous posters).

Keep in mind though people he might be in two movies so if people take a hit after the first one he might be able to recover on the second.

I am not sure I follow your logic.

Regardless, I am not sure it inspirational to potential collectors.

so_youre_telling_me_theres_a_chance_dumb_and_dum.jpg

cle.jpg

Movie speculation?

Word of mouth campaign?

Free sticker program?

Any thoughts?

Let's say the movie is a MEGA hit. Still not sold that his character has the right appeal to people of all ages (particularly young kids) necessary for long-term sustainable growth. Is your point that it will create a bubble (i.e. prices will swell leading up to the movie and bust post DVD release)?

There are over 1,000 9.8s and over 1,000 9.6s in the registry, with virtually 10,000 more waiting to be subbed in similar grades (book was only printed in 91')... Movie or not, the book is definitely over-valued already.

How much upside do you think there is?

Not saying there isn't money to be made here, there is. But I highly doubt it is a book that will appreciate to the level of other already well established keys (as presumed by previous posters).

Every time I start to follow that logic, I flip another 9.8 for $350 within a half hour of listing it. This one book in particular is a paradox. What happens with it is anyone's guess.

Every time I start to follow that logic, I flip another 9.8 for $350 335 shipped within a half hour3 hours of listing it. This one book in particular is a paradox. What happens with it is anyone's guess.

:baiting:

Well, I charge more on eBay. And they usually sell that quick. I've never had one for more than 12 hours.

So do you have a like a stack in your closet that you are grading one by one and selling on eBay?

I know a guy who has over 200 copies and he gets 5-10 graded at a time (all come back 9.2 or better) and sells them like candy on eBay. Every copy has netted him a minimum of $50 profit (up to a couple hundred).

Great for him I suppose.

my recent acquisition...but as with all moderns, this will be sold in time.

interesting how the cover art from the back image makes it look like spine tics. But this copy is pretty darn clean.

139594.jpg.fc92322905b0a92d9c1f4d17471b1102.jpg

139595.jpg.aecbff98ba68fd610b46544c24314134.jpg

so pissed, i bought mine about a year and a half ago from one of my favorite shops. It looked like a respectible copy just submitted it for grading and it came back a restored 7! apparently there was color touching on the cover that i still cant find. Its just really upsetting....

so pissed, i bought mine about a year and a half ago from one of my favorite shops. It looked like a respectible copy just submitted it for grading and it came back a restored 7! apparently there was color touching on the cover that i still cant find. Its just really upsetting....

aww man, that does suck. For me personally, it would become an expensive drink coaster, or a frisbee for the next time I'm at the beach.