• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

Never read this book however I love Deadpool lol. Is it a good read, how's the artwork?
Heres' some of the pages to give you an idea

Deadpool-51_zps77e972f5.jpg

2_zps3cba8835.jpg

With each panel Deadpool slowly loses his pouches. First the arm pouch, then from his legs, lol. Cannonball even knocks the swords off his back. Amazing! Were the swords held on magnetically? There are never any straps around his chest.

Never read this book however I love Deadpool lol. Is it a good read, how's the artwork?
Heres' some of the pages to give you an idea

Deadpool-51_zps77e972f5.jpg

2_zps3cba8835.jpg

With each panel Deadpool slowly loses his pouches. First the arm pouch, then from his legs, lol. Cannonball even knocks the swords off his back. Amazing! Were the swords held on magnetically? There are never any straps around his chest.

It really is artwork/editing, a complete shame liefield had to do this issue.

does anyone have the picture of deadpool talking about street fighter and then doing an uppercut to one of the x-men? heard about it but never had a chance to see it for myself.

Here you go

deadpool27fightytime_zps75ee7fe5.jpg

what issue/cover was this? About to pick one up haha. this was great, thanks!

does anyone have the picture of deadpool talking about street fighter and then doing an uppercut to one of the x-men? heard about it but never had a chance to see it for myself.

Here you go

deadpool27fightytime_zps75ee7fe5.jpg

lol

I have never read a single Deadpool story, as I stopped buying the New Mutants when Liefeld came along, and the boys were turned into fashionable warmongers lead by Cable… :P so I wished to ask: when did Deadpool took on the surreal tone and the apparently humorous slant which I see has become a sort of hallmark for the character?

Of course I browsed some issues of the solo character in italian, but I either seem not to get the fun or simply don’t get what the story is about.

I have never read a single Deadpool story, as I stopped buying the New Mutants when Liefeld came along, and the boys were turned into fashionable warmongers lead by Cable… :P so I wished to ask: when did Deadpool took on the surreal tone and the apparently humorous slant which I see has become a sort of hallmark for the character?

Of course I browsed some issues of the solo character in italian, but I either seem not to get the fun or simply don’t get what the story is about.

I always saw Deadpool as a mix with a anti-hero and "tragic hero". He does try to do whats right and occasionally seems to accomplish it always willing to go the extra step that other hero's wouldn't, but always seems to still be considered an outcast by other heros though even when proving himself. A number of these examples can be found in in almost any issue.

I always saw Deadpool as a mix with a anti-hero and "tragic hero". He does try to do whats right and occasionally seems to accomplish it always willing to go the extra step that other hero's wouldn't, but always seems to still be considered an outcast by other heros though even when proving himself. A number of these examples can be found in in almost any issue.

Hmm… Maybe I should read some, as from the little I got by sporadically reading pieces here and there it seemed like a parody to me, and that’s why I did not like it.

But were those hallmarks already there, at least in part, when it was introduced on the New Mutants? I was a big fan of the New Mutants at the time and just hated the abrupt change of direction, which in my opinion did not even respect most of the leading characters' personalities. Do you know if by #98 Louise Simonson was already gone? I think so, but I stopped buying the title around issue #96 – go figure, and when I learned it was going to close at #100 I looked to fill the holes but did not find a #98 back then. And now it’s out of the question, for me. :D

Hmm… Maybe I should read some, as from the little I got by sporadically reading pieces here and there it seemed like a parody to me, and that’s why I did not like it.

But were those hallmarks already there, at least in part, when it was introduced on the New Mutants? I was a big fan of the New Mutants at the time and just hated the abrupt change of direction, which in my opinion did not even respect most of the leading characters' personalities. Do you know if by #98 Louise Simonson was already gone? I think so, but I stopped buying the title around issue #96 – go figure, and when I learned it was going to close at #100 I looked to fill the holes but did not find a #98 back then. And now it’s out of the question, for me. :D

I think her last issue was 97 right before Deadpool was introduced. Also I've noticed that when ever a person had cancer or had an affliction similar to it Deadpool would show some remorse and get serious, because I think he saw part of himself in that person. If you want to read 98 you could always buy a trade of deadpool vol.1, but its actually cheaper to buy it via digital download from amazon.

Thank you but, honestly, from all that I have read, it makes little sense to me as a character.

I don’t like at all when no one gives a clear direction to the story of a character, and when writers are more or less granted to do whatever they feel, following their whimsies, with certain characters.

On top of all that, I really can’t stand what it seems to be called "breaking the fourth wall": it automatically makes me discard a work of fiction of any genre. :(

I know the masses may kill me later, but I have to ask. Is Deadpool the new Venom? I mean, when Venom came out, he was pretty cool. Then he was way over used. Turning him from a villian into an anit-hero. IMHO it just watered down the character. The new Flash Thompson version seems pretty cool so far.

So what about Deadpool? He was suppose to be an assassin. Now it seems he is reaching Venom proportions of overuse. Let the abuse begin. lol.

So what about Deadpool? He was suppose to be an assassin. Now it seems he is reaching Venom proportions of overuse. Let the abuse begin. lol.

I think it is a very fair question, and look forward to the discussion.