• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

So what about Deadpool? He was suppose to be an assassin. Now it seems he is reaching Venom proportions of overuse. Let the abuse begin. lol.

I think it is a very fair question, and look forward to the discussion.

I think him having a variant cover on almost ever comic Marvel publishes is ridiculous, and I don't even collect them outside of the Deadpool comic because of it.

So what about Deadpool? He was suppose to be an assassin. Now it seems he is reaching Venom proportions of overuse. Let the abuse begin. lol.

I think it is a very fair question, and look forward to the discussion.

I think him having a variant cover on almost ever comic Marvel publishes is ridiculous, and I don't even collect them outside of the Deadpool comic because of it.

Exactly how I feel. As I said previously, Venom was a cool and kinda scary character. Then as he became popular he was in more and more mini-series, guess appearances and such. The character got dumber and dumber. He just became overused and watered down. Now seeing Deadpool on all these covers...

Never read this book however I love Deadpool lol. Is it a good read, how's the artwork?
Heres' some of the pages to give you an idea

Deadpool-51_zps77e972f5.jpg

2_zps3cba8835.jpg

With each panel Deadpool slowly loses his pouches. First the arm pouch, then from his legs, lol. Cannonball even knocks the swords off his back. Amazing! Were the swords held on magnetically? There are never any straps around his chest.

How about the amazing magical gun? Appears out of nowhere, then switches hands from one panel to the next, then disappears again.

I love this book! I was too young when it came out to get a copy at the neighborhood liquor stores before they had LCSs where I lived. But as soon as I was like 10 and reading comics Deadpool was one of my favorites if not my most favorite. Finally when the 90s was in full swing all of the sudden there was like 3 or 4 comic stores in town. I remember I searched for awhile (like months), but eventually I found a copy for $10 :D. Of course I proudly displayed this book along with all the Deadpool trading cards. Read it a few times back then as an adolescent...Fast forward to earlier this year. Luckily when I went into the military I had stored my comics at grandma's house and now that I'm out I went through my old comics wondering what to do with them as most of them were "Hot" image books that are not worth anything. Still I had to look through all the books (about 3 short boxes) just in case. Then there it was, Deadpool!!! As I did with my other books I looked it up to see if it had any value and was like holy cow! I couldn't believe it. Right then and there I knew my collecting was all worth it. Still, I came across some more books as my family was unpacking into our new home and came across other Deapool books from the 97' ongoing series that I managed to pick up while I was still in the service, simply because I loved the character and sure enough I got a Deadpool 55. I now can't get enough of comics and my kids know all the characters too! My new mutants 98 is probably about an 8.5 but I still plan on sending it off to get graded along with a few other books soon. Hopefully someday I'll get a 9.8 copy.

I love this book! I was too young when it came out to get a copy at the neighborhood liquor stores before they had LCSs where I lived. But as soon as I was like 10 and reading comics Deadpool was one of my favorites if not my most favorite. Finally when the 90s was in full swing all of the sudden there was like 3 or 4 comic stores in town. I remember I searched for awhile (like months), but eventually I found a copy for $10 :D. Of course I proudly displayed this book along with all the Deadpool trading cards. Read it a few times back then as an adolescent...Fast forward to earlier this year. Luckily when I went into the military I had stored my comics at grandma's house and now that I'm out I went through my old comics wondering what to do with them as most of them were "Hot" image books that are not worth anything. Still I had to look through all the books (about 3 short boxes) just in case. Then there it was, Deadpool!!! As I did with my other books I looked it up to see if it had any value and was like holy cow! I couldn't believe it. Right then and there I knew my collecting was all worth it. Still, I came across some more books as my family was unpacking into our new home and came across other Deapool books from the 97' ongoing series that I managed to pick up while I was still in the service, simply because I loved the character and sure enough I got a Deadpool 55. I now can't get enough of comics and my kids know all the characters too! My new mutants 98 is probably about an 8.5 but I still plan on sending it off to get graded along with a few other books soon. Hopefully someday I'll get a 9.8 copy.

Be proud my friend, be proud. (thumbs u