• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

Is the newsstand version more popular, more valuable more in demand that the direct edition ? Is it scarcer? If so by how much? Should I be on the look out for 1?

1) It depends on the collector.

2) Yes, there is a lower distribution than Direct.

3) Unclear.

4) That depends on you.

Is the newsstand version more popular, more valuable more in demand that the direct edition ? Is it scarcer? If so by how much? Should I be on the look out for 1?

3) Unclear.

4) That depends on you.

You should ignore directs, and only find newsstands, because there's a possible 2-5% price differential.

3) Unclear.

4) That depends on you.

You should ignore directs, and only find newsstands, because there's a possible 2-5% price differential.

Well, I always preferred directs and/or Whitmans as the barcodes are ugly. :shrug:

Just received my latest batch of GCC book

New Mutants 98 CGC 9.2 "Mark Jewelers Insert"

My first Mark Jewelers Deadpool issue :)

Newsstand variants are survivors. Usually dealt with more recklessly than a comic store (assuming the sweatty hulk doesn't handle books at your LCS).

Mark Jewler Newsstand is likely the lowest print of the 98's IIRC.

Mine arrived, after a press and clean, should be a VF+ to maybe a 9.2.

One of these days, I'll actually get around to scanning mine & posting it. It's the 2nd copy I had. Don't know where the original one went that I bought off the shelf back in the 90's, but I picked this one up in a big New Mutants lot when I was first just trying to finish off all the Liefeld era stuff & really wanted the 87 that came in the lot. Ahhh, the early 00's days of eBay when I could get big runs with keys in it for dirt cheap. It's only a 9.6, but considering that it came poorly packed & flopping around in a big oversized cardboard box with another 40 books or so, I don't think I did too bad.

Very nice,and even in a top loader too! :applause:

It's only been in the top loader since the second I got my hands on it. :grin:

I love those top loaders,and have them on all my expensive raw books too. (thumbs u

I will submit it for sure. I do want to put it on PGM to see if my grading skills are as bad as I think they are, either way for me it's a collector's item not a flip so I'm happy! :whee:

Very nice,and even in a top loader too! :applause:

It's only been in the top loader since the second I got my hands on it. :grin:

I love those top loaders,and have them on all my expensive raw books too. (thumbs u

I will submit it for sure. I do want to put it on PGM to see if my grading skills are as bad as I think they are, either way for me it's a collector's item not a flip so I'm happy! :whee:

Welcome to the boards. :applause: