• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

While this seems like a ton of money for a common copper and the doomandgloomers see it crashing, and maybe it has peaked, i have no idea, it is not like hulk 181 is some rare book and beaters go for nice coin. seriously, how many copies of 179 and 183 do i pick out of dollar boxes? common book. heck, maybe just as common as NM 98, although I guess you have to look at a 5.0 copy of 181 as being the same as a 9.2 or 9.4 copy of 98 and I don't think the prices diverge all that much either at those levels.

and at this point, among the younger crowd at least, deadpool is probably more popular than wolverine. criminey, my 4 year old sleeps with a deadpool plush..he calls him "baby deadpool" and the 10 year old, and all his friends, are practically orgasmic over the prospect of seeing the deadpool movie, although i might be the only parent who takes any of them giving the likely R rating

While this seems like a ton of money for a common copper and the doomandgloomers see it crashing, and maybe it has peaked, i have no idea, it is not like hulk 181 is some rare book and beaters go for nice coin. seriously, how many copies of 179 and 183 do i pick out of dollar boxes? common book. heck, maybe just as common as NM 98, although I guess you have to look at a 5.0 copy of 181 as being the same as a 9.2 or 9.4 copy of 98 and I don't think the prices diverge all that much either at those levels.

and at this point, among the younger crowd at least, deadpool is probably more popular than wolverine. criminey, my 4 year old sleeps with a deadpool plush..he calls him "baby deadpool" and the 10 year old, and all his friends, are practically orgasmic over the prospect of seeing the deadpool movie, although i might be the only parent who takes any of them giving the likely R rating

I think an R rating would be problematic for ticket sales. I think they'll do what they have to to get it to a PG-13.

Yea I think I'm gonna snag a slabbed copy of this in a 9.2 or 9.4 ... Late to the party but oh well ...

If the movies a hit ... This book will stay hot ...

What would you say a CGC 9.6 is worth?

Isn't it at around $450-$500 ...9.8s $800-$1000

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan

I think an R rating would be problematic for ticket sales. I think they'll do what they have to to get it to a PG-13.

This may not be the big blockbuster like Avengers, but they have confirmed a R Rating many months ago, and have a red band trailer because it is most certainly R Rated.

If we didn't get an R-Rated Deadpool there would be rioting.

You know the deal, Fox could no longer control the X-Properties because of repeated Flops. If they continue to make movies like Fantastic Four (2015) that lost money, X Character rights (Including Deadpool) would revert back to Marvel and Marvel Studios. Then they would then be able to introduce the X-Men to the MCU without Singers "worse hack job on a source material story than Michael Bay and Transformers" continuity.

In a way this is the double edged sword, Fox will make a great Deadpool movie, funny, gratuitous nudity, violence, and full of all the adult material we want from the Merc with the Mouth, but that means they get to keep all the X-Men movies coming as well and Marvel Studios/Fox Studios split of the universe will continue.

Why do you think Deadpool was made an Avenger?

Why do you think Deadpool was made an Avenger?

Because they no longer have a clue on what a Marvel super-hero is?

;)

Deadpool as a character bloomed just after the Marvel age ended: its success happened after the shift from "Copper" to "Modern" as far Marvel goes to me, which means "we no longer care what we do with the characters". "At all".

So, while I might enjoy Deadpool "as is" it is hard to compare it to Wolverine. :shrug:

I've recently started trying to bring some order to all of my books by cataloging them, and I knew I had a copy floating around somewhere. Surprise surprise, I actually bought 2 when it came out. I honestly don't remember buying two. What a nice surprise. :banana:

New%20Mutants%2098_zpsku7mi85g.jpg

I've recently started trying to bring some order to all of my books by cataloging them, and I knew I had a copy floating around somewhere. Surprise surprise, I actually bought 2 when it came out. I honestly don't remember buying two. What a nice surprise. :banana:

Giddy up ...

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan

I'm glad, I'm not the only one that does that..

I'm glad, I'm not the only one that does that..

Now if only I had done the same with BA 12......

Maybe you did :baiting:

Keep on organizing your collection and see what else pops out.

That would be nice, but if my foggy recollection is to be trusted, I only ever bought the first couple of issues. Maybe I'm mistaken. Fingers crossed! :wishluck:

it pains me so much i have never owned one of these. and i do know i was buying the liefield new mutants books when nobody cared about them when they were $1 or less. indeed, i have several nice 87s acquired that way (although those could have been out of $2 boxes). i think quicker hoarders than i were either snatching these up or they just weren't making it to the boxes. one of these days i will stumble upon one at a yardsale.

This amazes me

I had my HG OO copy. Sold it to a Boardie for $40 :-)

Found a handful in 4.0-9.0, sold em

Bought one über high grade but sold it raw

And now I don't have one eithe :-)