• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

This must be what the Hulk #181 crowd feels like when they see yet another Hulk #181. To me this was a cheap and easily obtainable book in the 90's and 00's. I enjoyed it for what it was at the time it originally was released but have past up countless issues in dollar bins in the past because it was lackluster.

Don't get me wrong, I own a CGC 9.8 but seeing a pile of copies just doesn't do it for me.

Anyone else feel that way?

This must be what the Hulk #181 crowd feels like when they see yet another Hulk #181. To me this was a cheap and easily obtainable book in the 90's and 00's. I enjoyed it for what it was at the time it originally was released but have past up countless issues in dollar bins in the past because it was lackluster.

Don't get me wrong, I own a CGC 9.8 but seeing a pile of copies just doesn't do it for me.

no

IMG_1173.jpg

:whee:

no

IMG_1173.jpg

Is that a new batch? And OCD ALERT! OCD ALERT! That one newsstand copy of 87 is just hurting the photo for me.

no

IMG_1173.jpg

Is that a new batch? And OCD ALERT! OCD ALERT! That one newsstand copy of 87 is just hurting the photo for me.
Why? It's not like they're rare, or anything . . . :grin:

I personally do not like Deadpool at all. Top that off with an extremely poor cover art and I hate New Mutants 98.

That said, it sure does sell well.

Truedat, but there's no accounting for taste. :grin:

Don't care what anybody else thinks, this is one of the coolest comic book ever. I would put this cover on a top 20 favorite list.

Deadpool as a character is the definition of a "character". Reminds me of offbeat personalities like Lobo and Marv (from Sin City).

Here's mine...displayed loud and proud :banana:

NewMutants98_zps5f06807c.png

Don't care what anybody else thinks, this is one of the coolest comic book ever. I would put this cover on a top 20 favorite list.

That's one top twenty list that needs a good editor :baiting::insane:

That's one top twenty list that needs a good editor :baiting::insane:

lol

It's like the Maxim Top 100 Hottest Female list...all are gorgeous. Only difference between #1 and #100 is preference.

...and here is my raw copy. Only two to my name. Missing the one I bought the day it came out. I'm either missing a short box or I sold a lot more comics than I thought in the 90s trying to buy gas and chase chicks...should have kept the books in retrospect!

DSC_0182_zpsf82958d1.jpg

Edited by lstrike

Deadpool as a character is the definition of a "character". Reminds me of offbeat personalities like Lobo and Marv (from Sin City).

I doubt it was intended as such by Rob Liefeld, when he paved the way to trash the New Mutants, which was a great book.

I can see why people appreciate the unusual character which Deadpool has become, but one has to admit it has little to do with the character in NM #98.