• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, oglelo said:

Has the Deadpool bubble burst or just stagnant waiting on #3 to release?

i think prices have stabilized for new mutants #98... at least for books in the range of 9.2 - 9.6

i don't pay much attention to 9.8's.... love getting them but won't pay for them lol

I bought my newsstand copy in the winter of this year and it recently graded a 9.8.  I read this thread from the beginning and it is interesting to see the initial thoughts on how NM98 would perform from 2012 until now.  I was late to the party on Deadpool.  Growing up, New Mutants was at the end of its run so I never had any of those books, but picked up X-Force when it started.  I only owned a handful of Deadpool books before NM98.  The first two mini series and #54 and 55 because I was really digging the Punisher revival that was going on in the late 90s/early 2000s when Garth Ennis took over the character.  Fast forward a while and I've had a few copies of NM98.  A 9.2, 9.6 and now two 9.8 copies (direct & newsstand).  I still own the 9.8 copies but sold the other two during a time when I needed some extra cash for other projects.  I picked up an X-Force Megazine to read in place of a #98 whenever I decide to sit down and read the entire New Mutants run.  

nm98ns.jpg

4 hours ago, mec3437 said:

I bought my newsstand copy in the winter of this year and it recently graded a 9.8.  I read this thread from the beginning and it is interesting to see the initial thoughts on how NM98 would perform from 2012 until now.  I was late to the party on Deadpool.  Growing up, New Mutants was at the end of its run so I never had any of those books, but picked up X-Force when it started.  I only owned a handful of Deadpool books before NM98.  The first two mini series and #54 and 55 because I was really digging the Punisher revival that was going on in the late 90s/early 2000s when Garth Ennis took over the character.  Fast forward a while and I've had a few copies of NM98.  A 9.2, 9.6 and now two 9.8 copies (direct & newsstand).  I still own the 9.8 copies but sold the other two during a time when I needed some extra cash for other projects.  I picked up an X-Force Megazine to read in place of a #98 whenever I decide to sit down and read the entire New Mutants run.  

nm98ns.jpg

Sounds like a lot of living! :whee:lol :foryou: man, that makes me a little jealous for the 9.8 ha! But I've had bargain books too, it sometimes means take what comes rather than looking for things than may or may not happen. If I got a 9.8 NM 98, I'd flip! :banana: 

Had the book in 9.6 and raw in the past. Sold them around the time the first movie came out. Just picked this up and don’t know why. I got all hot and bothered with having a 9.8 but when it got delivered today I was blah. I like Deadpool and I can appreciate the book’s key status. Probably a good one to hold on to never the less. I always wonder which book will be more valuable in 20 years. New Mutants 98 or X-Men 266? That’s considering Gambit makes a successful movie appearance. 

E3F465A5-DA5C-4428-851A-1856AFDBDAB7.jpeg

Was happy to pick up a 9.2 from here on the boards recently (it's on its way home to me now) - mostly because I just want a copy of this book in my collection, but also partly because of the recent rumors/reports of Ryan Reynolds signing a massive deal in the MCU. I have zero plans to flip this book; it's a long-term hold for me because, like I said, I want it in my collection. But it'll be interesting to see if this news has any impact on the book.