• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

I like it because it is the first appearance of a belt made of pouches!!

Detective comics #27? hm

That is a belt with pouches on it. Look at Domino's belt and tell me that is not a belt made entirely of pouches. :ohnoez:

Quite possibly! Was just considering how some books (from various eras) devalued from say $50 to $10 or less, so with NM 98 at $100 (unslabbed), it could possibly descend to $25...it really depends on if / when many copies come out of the woodwork, and at what volumes...

VF / NM

Because of the popularity, and "it" factor of the book, and because there are not many copper books in that category, I honestly don't think it will drop that low. Deadpool could turn out to be our generations wolverine. Possible. And I can't picture Hulk 181 depreciating anytime soon, and they printed a zillion of those, too. 2c

Edited by Paper Airplane

Oh, don't totally disagree -- my "hypothesis" though on www.newmutants98.com though, is unlike ASM 128 and Hulk 181, that NM 98 had a ton of copies well preserved in bags and boards from the very start, versus comics from the '70s which were still considered disposable kids entertainment at the time...

...so, not saying that ASM 128 or Hulk 181 will ever depreciate. Because even though they had high print runs, they had a low relative rate of being well preserved. NM 98 on the other hand...

VF / NM

Oh, don't totally disagree -- my "hypothesis" though on www.newmutants98.com though, is unlike ASM 128 and Hulk 181, that NM 98 had a ton of copies well preserved in bags and boards from the very start, versus comics from the '70s which were still considered disposable kids entertainment at the time...

...so, not saying that ASM 128 or Hulk 181 will ever depreciate. Because even though they had high print runs, they had a low relative rate of being well preserved. NM 98 on the other hand...

VF / NM

If I'm not mistaken, and old dudes back me up... I think people had started bagging and maybe boarding them by '74. No, not nearly as much as they did in '91, but the demand is easily keeping up with the supply. Just when you think there's an oversaturation, the book still keeps going up. It's an anomaly.

VF / NM

Yeah. There's a shortage of high grade Hulk 181s. lol