• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

Deadpool has made a lot of appearances over the years. But even in 1991 he was making the rounds.

Chronological order of all Deadpool issues

February 1991

New Mutants (1983 - 1991) # 98

August 1991

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 1

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 1b

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 1c

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 1d

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 1e

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 1f

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 1g

September 1991

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 2

November 1991

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 4

December 1991

X-Force (1991 - 2002) # 5

so your counting X-Force1 as the second appearance not X-force 2?

Heck no!

lol

But that is quite the extensive list.

Yea it is, try doing that now with Marvel making a deadpool variant cover for almost every title and issue.

As of this moment there are 3797 New Mutants 98's on the CGC census taking into account how this book isnt that old I would only count the ones that are 9.6+ which is a total of 2384. Now though is where we throwout the resto and qualified labels giving us 2370. Out of the 2370 there are 2167 universal blue labels and surprisingly only 203 SigSeries yellow labels.

With this information does it really seem like the supply and demand bubble will burst like many speculators have said or can we expect that there will be at least a few thousand people who will try to get this book with deadpool's rising status at marvel given he does have his own toys, cloths, a video game, and a possible future movie?

Thoughts welcome.

As of this moment there are 3797 New Mutants 98's on the CGC census taking into account how this book isnt that old I would only count the ones that are 9.6+ which is a total of 2384. Now though is where we throwout the resto and qualified labels giving us 2370. Out of the 2370 there are 2167 universal blue labels and surprisingly only 203 SigSeries yellow labels.

With this information does it really seem like the supply and demand bubble will burst like many speculators have said or can we expect that there will be at least a few thousand people who will try to get this book with deadpool's rising status at marvel given he does have his own toys, cloths, a video game, and a possible future movie?

Thoughts welcome.

I think there was an agreement reached somewhere between Wolverine's and Spawn's appearances that Deadpool would be so unique, the value of his first appearance would defy normal pricing standards.

Members of the market said "YES", and the sellers said "HELL YES", and we ended up somewhere around where we are at now. I think the same folks agreed to Amazing Spider-Man #300, Incredible Hulk #340, but they grumbled a little with New Mutants #87. So that latter one is hit or miss.

DEADPOOL is a great character to collect before the prices explode in the future.

Get in on the ground floor now!

cle.jpg

Why are prices going to EXPLODE?

He is a great character and I am a fan of the books, but NM98 is already taking in quite a bit of dough for how common it is...

Movie speculation?

Word of mouth campaign?

Free sticker program?

DEADPOOL is a great character to collect before the prices explode in the future.

cle.jpg

He is a great character and I am a fan of the books, but NM98 is already taking in quite a bit of dough for how common it is...

Movie speculation?

Word of mouth campaign?

Free sticker program?

movie and videogame speculation.

Deadpool_(video_game).jpg

Also I am willing to bet that buying $5000 dollars worth of NM 98s will be more profitable then buying one low grade AF#15 for $5000 at the end of the next 5 years.

Any thoughts?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

cle.jpg

Movie speculation?

Word of mouth campaign?

Free sticker program?

Also I am willing to bet that buying $5000 dollars worth of NM 98s will be more profitable then buying one low grade AF#15 for $5000 at the end of the next 5 years.

Any thoughts?

hm

Define "profitable."

Also, I will be buying that game.

Also, also, what happens if the $5000 worth of NM98s are worth $2500 in five years? Will you make up the rest in cash?

Edited by rfoiii

cle.jpg

Movie speculation?

Word of mouth campaign?

Free sticker program?

Any thoughts?

High risk, high reward. All depends on that movie.