• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC slab UV protection "sticker" film

11 posts in this topic

A few months ago, I came across a website that sold a clear film covering that you put on the front of a slab and it supposedly provided UV protection. I cannot find the site now. Neither Google nor the search engine here provided any answers. Any one know where the find these and/or how well they work? Thanks...

An unwanted CGC modern slab was conceived when the film didn't provide the right protection thus resulting in multiple lawsuits against the producer of the protection.

Hotflips has since picked up the "whoops" thin film protection brand.

A few months ago, I came across a website that sold a clear film covering that you put on the front of a slab and it supposedly provided UV protection. I cannot find the site now. Neither Google nor the search engine here provided any answers. Any one know where the find these and/or how well they work? Thanks...

Slab Pro advertised it here awhile ago. Slab Pro UV protection

I have not used it.

I have not used it.

Has anyone used these? This would be great. My only fear would be running the test run to see how successful they are.

I have not used it.

That's the item I'm looking for. Thanks, maloney. Now, has anyone used them? My wife collects celebrity SS comics, and I've got her dream SS book comic for a Christmas present, so she'll want to display it, but I want her to be able to do it safely.

All I do is slab the comic, put it in a double plastic sleeve, put that the whole thing in a slab protector, then frame the slab protector with UV resistant glass, then put a very large UV sticker fil throughout the glass area, then put the frame in a glass display case....(some people put additional UV sticker film, but that's a little too much)...

All I do is slab the comic, put it in a double plastic sleeve, put that the whole thing in a slab protector, then frame the slab protector with UV resistant glass, then put a very large UV sticker fil throughout the glass area, then put the frame in a glass display case....(some people put additional UV sticker film, but that's a little too much)...

That's all you do? Sounds like a lot.... lol

For sure. All I do is stack mine in an area where light cannot damage them.

I'm pretty sure he was kidding... Right?