• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Kirby's Silver Age output sans Stan Lee!

53 posts in this topic

Great idea for a thread.

From 1957, Tales of the Unexpected #17, GCD credits Kirby for both pencils and inks.

TOTU_43KBY.jpg

I read this story in the DC JK omnibus and love it. Where's the cover and how much did u paid for it?

I picked this book up back in 1999 or 2000 IIRC. It's a bit off topic as the cover was not by Kirby. I believe Kirby only did TOTU cover's for issues 13, 18, and 22.

TOTU_17.jpg

Given all of the Adenture Comics issues in which Kirby’s GA appears feature Curt Swan Superboy covers, it doesn’t surprise me. Unless somebody has the TPB you posted, I doubt anybody wants to damage their books folding them over for a scan.

Given all of the Adenture Comics issues in which Kirby’s GA appears feature Curt Swan Superboy covers, it doesn’t surprise me. Unless somebody has the TPB you posted, I doubt anybody wants to damage their books folding them over for a scan.

.....shame there's no trade of his awesome FOXHOLE material, which, as I recall *ahem* ....you have them all. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

They can just post the Superboy covers, or of course interior scans from reading copies.

(shrug)

They can just post the Superboy covers, or of course interior scans from reading copies.

(shrug)

Dont forget Kirby's Green Arrow run in World's Finest as well.

Here is some of my Stan-Free Kirby. The previously mentioned DC "House" work.

SAKirby002.jpg[/img]

Some from the other guys...

SAKirby001.jpg[/img]

...and all the books with The King's Green Arrow. These issues were among the very first DCs I ever added to my current collection.

SAKirby003.jpg[/img]