• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artboy99 Kudos thread
1 1

42 posts in this topic

I commissioned Karl for a Captain America #1 art piece which I just received today, I was very pleased with the finished piece and Karl was a really nice guy to deal with.

Great price along with excellent shipping and packing !

I’m really looking forward to future deals … thanks a ton ! (thumbs u

Karl was a great buyer. He paid promptly, communicated well and his risotto is some of the best in the world. I tried to convince him to teach me his secret when I visited him, but he only laughed while patting a well worn cook book that looked like it had been handed down for generations.

I was not proud of the fact that later that night I snuck back into his house via the garden transom and a series of connected rain pipes, but I had to know what made that meal so unforgettable. Making my way back to the kitchen (luckily Karl and his family are sound sleepers) I shuffled thru the stack of papers and found my target. The dusty (was that flour?) cover revealed a family crest and a small clasp which I pried open using one of the kitchen's butcher knives.

Folks I dont know how to explain what I saw inside that book. While expecting to see simple hand written recipes, or betty crocker cutouts, I found myself staring into madness.

Pages of charcoal smears showing anatomical notations on butchering methods (oh god please let these all be pictures of animals). There were 4 consecutive pages that were nothing but densely scrawled line after line of numbers in no seeming order. There were poleroids from decades past, but despite their age I recognized them to be from this neighborhood I had driven through on the way to Karl's house. Arrows and circles noting SOMETHING about the photos, who's intent I'd rather not know. There were recipes eventually but for things with names I'd never heard and ingredients that I'd never seen on a grocer's shelf.

Trying to calm my racing pulse, I closed the book, re-latched the clasp and made my way back down the hallway, freezing as the floorboard creaked under my weight in one spot. Back out the side window, down the rain gutter and transom and once my feet touched the ground I broke into a full sprint to my car parked just down the street. Safe in the confines of my rental I fumbled the keys into the ignition and made my hasty get away into the night.

I dont know what the intent was for that evil book, but I knew I'd NEVER be accepting an invitation to Karl's house for a meal out of fear of what I'd be eating, or that I'd be the one being eaten.

But when it comes to comic books I have no reservations about selling him plenty of high dollar books any day of the week. Sell to him with confidence. (thumbs u