• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has the More Fun #73 CGC 1.0?

16 posts in this topic

Anyone on here happen to have the More Fun #73 1.0 conditioned comic that is listed on CGC's census site? Just curious....

Brent

Yes, that was my MFC 73, and it earned the 1.0 the hard way: cover detached and soiled, first wrap soiled and taped up, big name in pen on the front cover, other assorted defects. But, it was complete, OW pages if I recall, blue label.

I sent it to Matt Nelson and he did some work on it, reattached the cover, wet and dry cleaned, tried to remove the name in pen on cover, some minor piece replacement, etc. Book ended up looking much much better.

I traded it raw for some unrestored golden age timelys to a guy in Germany.

Ouch! Sounds more like a .5 than a 1.0! Anyway, thanks for the reply. Still holding out for an unrestored 1.0-2.0 CGC'd More Fun 73. All I could afford, really!

Brent

sorry.gif It WAS complete and readable at least!

Actually, I'm looking for a CGC 6.0 or better copy.

Missed out on the CGC 5.5, that was on Heritage about six months ago.

That is probably the only GA book that I HAVE TO HAVE at some point in my collection. insane.gif

On 7/26/2004 at 10:20 AM, sfilosa said:

That is probably the only GA book that I HAVE TO HAVE at some point in my collection. insane.gif

Blast from the past.  Assume you ended up with one by now ?  It's next on my list 

7 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Wow, are you going for the record on thread resurrection? 13 years? :insane:

Love to see these old resurrected threads just to see all of the old former boardies who are no longer posting here anymore, as there are usually a lot of them.

Seems that the life cycle for most board members here are really not that long.  hm

13 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
On 7/26/2004 at 11:20 AM, sfilosa said:

Blast from the past.  Assume you ended up with one by now ?  It's next on my list 

No problem with reviving the thread ... but how did you find it? hm

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

No problem with reviving the thread ... but how did you find it? hm

Came up during my quest for the book. It's next on my list. Sounds like your the guy.  Looking at low grade unrestored or restored options I can turn into a blue label.  Coverless ok too. 

In 2005 I started buying mf73. Ended up with a bunch of copies. But seemed like no one wanted them. Didn't sell a copy till 2012 and finally sold last in 2013. All before price explosion!

12 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

In 2005 I started buying mf73. Ended up with a bunch of copies. But seemed like no one wanted them. Didn't sell a copy till 2012 and finally sold last in 2013. All before price explosion!

Would you mind clarifying "bunch" ( if you can recall ). How many would you guess survive ??

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Would you mind clarifying "bunch" ( if you can recall ). How many would you guess survive ??

I had 5 at one time and maybe 8 total not including my personal copy

I'm sure there are 100s that survived/exist in collections