• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Book Locking Display Case - ComicLock

22 posts in this topic

You’re a collector. We’re collectors. Frustrated with the options to display and secure our comic books we got together as a team and developed a new comic book display option.

Introducing ComicLock. Finally, beautiful display protection is within your grasp. ComicLock showcases your comic book in a patented framing system that all great art would be honored to be displayed in. Sleek and stunning in design, the ComicLock display can adapt to any existing motif or stand brilliantly alone as a centerpiece of pride.

And the ComicLock combination of our patented lock system and superior construction protects your passion from evildoers, mishaps and harmful UV rays.

Yes, we still argue over who was stronger, better, cooler: but we are all still connected by one common bond…we want to share our treasures, showcase our heroes and protect them from time. We want them to be timeless, eternal, protected and proudly displayed.

Go check us out at www.comiclock.com we would love to hear your feedback! The display can hold any era comic book or graded casing from CGC or PGX.

ComicLock www.comiclock.com

www.comiclock.com

I agree. It was an ad but it discusses a new idea for securely displaying comic books.

There seems to be four screw holes securing it to the wall but only probably two screws will align with a stud. That seems to be the major problem.

The side with drywall screws will be much weaker.

I agree. It was an ad but it discusses a new idea for securely displaying comic books.

There seems to be four screw holes securing it to the wall but only probably two screws will align with a stud. That seems to be the major problem.

The side with drywall screws will be much weaker.

Yeah, if it doesn't align with the studs, then it's just ripping drywall which my 6 year old could do.

Welcome to the Boards!!

This post belongs HERE!

(thumbs u

I'm probably wrong, but when it's a brand new product that no one has ever seen, I kind of like it being in general so it can be discussed. The owner is looking for feedback too.

I like for new products to be discussed too, but not in the form of an advertisement, but by board members discussing it.

CG used to be overrun with stuff like this. Guys joining, spamming CG, and leaving.

That's why there's a Dealer/Ebay/Advertisement section. It leaves CG for actual discussion and not paid testimonial.

So I am with you on the discussion aspect being important, but I just hate infomercials. lol

Welcome to the Boards!!

This post belongs HERE!

(thumbs u

I'm probably wrong, but when it's a brand new product that no one has ever seen, I kind of like it being in general so it can be discussed. The owner is looking for feedback too.

I like for new products to be discussed to, but not in the form of an advertisement, but by board members discussing it.

CG used to be overrun with stuff like this. Guys joining, spamming CG, and leaving.

That's why there's a Dealer/Ebay/Advertisement section. It leaves CG for actual discussion and not paid testimonial.

So I am with you on the discussion aspect being important, but I just hate infomercials. lol

I can't argue with that (thumbs u

Thanks for the feedback. When we developed this for our books like X-Men #1 and some other high grade books we wanted to develop something where we could display the books and lock them up. As you know for your high-end books everyone gets nervous to have them out in the open.

The ComicLock frame is made of steel, has shatter proof plexiglass that is 98% UV protectant, internal hinges and a glass mounting system where no one can open from the outside, and 4 mounting holes where display can be mounted into the studs within the walls. Would be very hard to take off of wall.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback. When we developed this for our books like X-Men #1 and some other high grade books we wanted to develop something where we could display the books and lock them up. As you know for your high-end books everyone gets nervous to have them out in the open.

The ComicLock frame is made of steel, has shatter proof plexiglass that is 98% UV protectant, internal hinges and a glass mounting system where no one can open from the outside, and 4 mounting holes where display can be mounted into the studs within the walls. Would be very hard to take off of wall.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Looks like a well thought out high quality product. I just wish the price point was $150. $400 requires the book to be VERY expensive to justify the cost.

Studs are 16" on center aren't they? I am not sure how you can have all four screws drilled into studs.

A better design might be to require that a rectangular hole be cut into the drywall and a plate be bolted to the stud. This would also recess your frame. The frame would then attach around the plate or be bolted to the plate.

What this would do however is allow you to mount your comic while the frame is on a flat surface. Right now the design appears to require that you place the comic in the frame while it is already bolted to the wall. I would hate for a valuable comic to fall to the floor when the door is opening or closing.

Not sure how it would actually attach to the plate.... But it's an idea. (shrug)

Thanks...great feedback. We too struggled with the price points but to get the right manufacturers and all of the other components we decided for now to go after the higher grade and higher price comic books for the display system.

We will be doing $50-100 off promotions and FREE shipping to help further justify the costs to the people looking to purchase.

We have samples that we are using to send out to key people for feedback would you be interested in receiving one? If so just let me know.

Yes correct and we struggled with this due to the unit only being about 14" in total width. With two in the studs and the other two using drywall mounting screws that we include we felt like the "Peace of mind" was going to be valuable to the purchaser. We have looked at the plate option and a few other options such as bullet proof glass.

If you are interested in getting a sample from us to try and test for further feedback just let me know and thanks for the feedback keep it coming.