• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman #206

22 posts in this topic

Struggling with a grade on this one, the printer's crease on the front and back cover is really throwing me. Also the scan doesn't do the back cover justice, it's gleaming white in hand.

Batman206.jpg

Batman206Rear.jpg

As low as 7.0, that's surprised me a little. Just wondering what people are seeing that's keeping it that low if not the printer's creases? I've seen a lot worse books than that in a CGC 7.0 holder.

As low as 7.0, that's surprised me a little. Just wondering what people are seeing that's keeping it that low if not the printer's creases? I've seen a lot worse books than that in a CGC 7.0 holder.

Well Gav let me start with the back cover,small amounts of soiling by the spine.Front cover several spine ticks,worn edges.7.0/7.5 max.

What's on the S in 'walks'?

There's nothing actually 'on' it as such, it's just the way it's printed.

I was thinking more of an 8.0 myself taking the two soft corners into account. And like I said in the OP, the scan really doesn't do the back cover justice, it does look gleaming white in hand.

It's better than a 7.0, unless there's some defect not easily seen in the scan. I'm having trouble deciding between 7.5 and 8.0, so I'll go with the lower.

It's better than a 7.0

Certainly my line of thinking. (thumbs u

i must be seeing something else since I think it is a 9.0

I didn't realise I'd put 8.0 earlier, that was a typo and was meant to be 9.0. That was my first thought and I was undecided between 8.5 and 9.0 because of the size of the printers creases. I know they don't normally factor into grade but they are rather large. I just wanted a bit of input before I put it up for auction and now I'm more confused than ever! lol

What's on the S in 'walks'?

There's nothing actually 'on' it as such, it's just the way it's printed.

I was thinking more of an 8.0 myself taking the two soft corners into account. And like I said in the OP, the scan really doesn't do the back cover justice, it does look gleaming white in hand.

Thanks, I was just making sure there wasn't a little tape pull or something missing.