• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedex or USPS

30 posts in this topic

The costs listed on the submission form to return the books via USPS seem a bit high to me. I'm considering using my fedex account instead and having them sent with Fedex's "home delivery" option. Has anyone else done this? I'm wondering if it'll save money or actually be more expensive.

It's my experience that both FedEx and UPS are higher than USPS - and that is weighing against Priority Mail. I think both UPS and FedEx are $11+ for private party shipping.

It's my experience that both FedEx and UPS are higher than USPS - and that is weighing against Priority Mail. I think both UPS and FedEx are $11+ for private party shipping.

You're forgetting that CGC sends back the books not just USPS priority, but USPS priority registered - which means that a single CGC book returned to you from CGC will cost you around $25.

Fedex with private insurance is the way to go - I can get a whole box of 30 slabs shipped back for $40-45.

You're forgetting that CGC sends back the books not just USPS priority, but USPS priority registered - which means that a single CGC book returned to you from CGC will cost you around $25.

Fedex with private insurance is the way to go - I can get a whole box of 30 slabs shipped back for $40-45.

I use FedEx as well.

I also think FedEx ground is quicker than UPS by a couple days.

With USPS 3-5 my also run you close to $35 depending on the value.

All my slabs come back FedEx Ground. Cost me about $35 - $40 for up to a box of 32 slabs, East coast to West Coast.

I send everything into CGC Priority Mail Insured on Saturdays. Why Saturdays? Because for some reason Saturday shipments go through a different sort facility and go straight on a plane from Los Angeles to Tampa, FL.

My Saturday shipments almost always (95%) show up at CGC Monday morning. If I ship on Thursday or Friday they don't show up until Tuesday or Wednesday... go figure.

I send everything into CGC Priority Mail Insured on Saturdays. Why Saturdays? Because for some reason Saturday shipments go through a different sort facility and go straight on a plane from Los Angeles to Tampa, FL.

My Saturday shipments almost always (95%) show up at CGC Monday morning. If I ship on Thursday or Friday they don't show up until Tuesday or Wednesday... go figure.

An interesting observation!

All my slabs come back FedEx Ground. Cost me about $35 - $40 for up to a box of 32 slabs, East coast to West Coast.

Great tip Dre (thumbs u

Great tip Dre (thumbs u

Umm...is that John Wayne with an Energy Dome?

An interesting observation!

That's why I have been shipping my books on Saturdays for awhile now. I live in California.