• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Artist's Choice Annual Sale announcement

132 posts in this topic

The one page I really wanted last year got snatched up; fortunately, the buyer ended up selling it here earlier this year though, so it still found its way home! :grin:

Success! Collecting art is fun like that.

Hmmm, more New Warriors pages or not?

Buy more! They are a steal!

Anybody get an order confirmation yet? I figure Spencer got a ton of orders as soon as it opened up.

Not yet from my 12/5 8:00 AM order. How did everyone else find out about the sale (if before seeing this thread)? I assumed it was happening soon so I have been checking the site every morning and night.

Hmmm, more New Warriors pages or not?

Buy more! They are a steal!

Anybody get an order confirmation yet? I figure Spencer got a ton of orders as soon as it opened up.

Not yet from my 12/5 8:00 AM order. How did everyone else find out about the sale (if before seeing this thread)? I assumed it was happening soon so I have been checking the site every morning and night.

The site had "closed until 12/3" up. To my knowledge the sale went live late 12/4 early 12/5. I got my order in probably about 1:30am eastern 12/5. I haven't heard back yet, but I think he does most of his work on Sunday evening.

Hi, folks;

With regard to order confirmations, Spencer has asked me to post the following response on his behalf:

Yes, many people have received order confirmations. However, as I write this, as of this moment, I have received almost 300 orders totaling a little over 2,700 pages ordered ( and the sale only started FIVE DAYS AGO ) . I promise that I am working as fast as I can to process the orders. However, some of the orders are for multiple HUNDREDS of pages from 20 and 30 different orders ... it is really slowing me down. I processed one order last night that took over three hours to put together due to the volume and the diversity. This is not an easy time in my life :) I hope when the sale is over everyone is happy both with their purchases and the discounts they receive.

Lastly, after the sale is over, I will have a HUGE update adding close to 6,000 new pages of artwork to the website as well as a couple of new artists' work as well.

However, as I write this, as of this moment, I have received almost 300 orders totaling a little over 2,700 pages ordered ( and the sale only started FIVE DAYS AGO ) . I promise that I am working as fast as I can to process the orders. However, some of the orders are for multiple HUNDREDS of pages from 20 and 30 different orders ...

Wow, that is a lot of art. Hopefully no punks (*cough* coollines *cough*) swooped in to get all of the good stuff for huge markups.

He really needs to build a shopping cart even if the payments are taken offline. Being able to see an "on hold" message as pages are ordered would be a great help.

(P.S. I would work for OA....)

No credit cards, paypal or phone contact...They don't make it easy to order.

Phone contact information was removed from the website due to folks calling during the wee hours of the morning, but if you really want to talk to him, have you tried sending an email with your phone #?

I'm sure he'll call you.

Regarding no credit card, paypal, etc. I think this policy was put into effect due to some previous bad experiences with reversed payment transactions, after the art had already been delivered to the purchaser.