• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 134 club

181 posts in this topic

As per CC's point in the last post: if Darkseid ISN'T the villain this time around in the upcoming JLA movie....he will EVENTUALLY be. How could he not?

He's the ultimate baddy and he's been pitched for the main antagonist already....so if for whatever reason they pass on him initially, my thoughts are he's gonna pop up sometime sooner or later in the franchise.

The price keeps climbing. Check out what the last 9.0 sold for

CGC 9.0

Don't know what I'm doing wrong here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermans-Pal-Jimmy-Olsen-134-CGC-9-0-1st-Darkseid-Adams-Kirby-DC-Bronze-Age-/130928232440?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e7bee47f8

Edited by Apollo34

After I saw this thread I took a look in my boxes to see if I had a copy. I was buying these to read in the mid 70's for the outrageous price of 25 to 50 cents which I viewed as highway robbery at the time.

Anyway I was surprised to find my copy was in better shape than most of it's compatriots. Not sure what to do with this one; press and slab or just keep? Never pressed a book but with the lower right corner bend I wonder if this is a candidate.

139256.jpg.53447abfd24266d3fd9962ba551bc17b.jpg

The price keeps climbing. Check out what the last 9.0 sold for

CGC 9.0

Don't know what I'm doing wrong here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermans-Pal-Jimmy-Olsen-134-CGC-9-0-1st-Darkseid-Adams-Kirby-DC-Bronze-Age-/130928232440?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e7bee47f8

That 9.0 went for close to what a nice 9.2 sold for the same day. Chalk one up for Sparklecity for high definition scans and marketing.

Dover listed his 9.8. Nicely centered and better PQ than the other 9.8.

After I saw this thread I took a look in my boxes to see if I had a copy. I was buying these to read in the mid 70's for the outrageous price of 25 to 50 cents which I viewed as highway robbery at the time.

Anyway I was surprised to find my copy was in better shape than most of it's compatriots. Not sure what to do with this one; press and slab or just keep? Never pressed a book but with the lower right corner bend I wonder if this is a candidate.

The 4th World is cool – what made you think they were "highway robbery"? Because dealers were augmenting the price? :D

Seriously, if it wasn’t a book I care a lot about, I would sell it immediately (mine is a potential 9.0 as well) and purchase an early Fantastic Four. :(

The 4th World is cool – what made you think they were "highway robbery"? Because dealers were augmenting the price? :D

Seriously, if it wasn’t a book I care a lot about, I would sell it immediately (mine is a potential 9.0 as well) and purchase an early Fantastic Four. :(

At the time 3-4 year old DCs could be had for 15 to 20 cents maximum and sometimes for 5-10 cents. The fact that folks were doubling the asking price on the Fourth World stories was a real shocker!

In the mid-1970s I was too small to read, but in the late 1970s I was reading the italian Kamandi, whose backup feature was the 4th world Jimmy Olsen… :cloud9:

Loved when I could find old issues (with return ink, or in back issue bags) and read little by little how Kamandi discovered his world or what the heck the DNAliens were… :D

Yes I may do that. There are some comic series I want to re-read in my theoretical retirement. These are series I almost but didnt quite finish back in the seventies before college, career, marriage and the kids put comics on a 40 year back burner. The Cap run in TOS and the full fourth world saga. Yeah I could do reprints but that isn't as much fun!

I read the Kamandi series off the stands and loved it! It wasn't until Mike Grell's Warlord that a series grabbed me that way again.

Got a 9.4 on the way which I intend to keep, at least until the market indicates where the 'top' of this spike is heading.

At that point, maybe sell for a deposit on a more 'significant' key book.

Anyones thoughts?

Got a 9.4 on the way which I intend to keep, at least until the market indicates where the 'top' of this spike is heading.

At that point, maybe sell for a deposit on a more 'significant' key book.

Anyones thoughts?

Sell, but buy a reader copy to have it handy to read, heh? :baiting:

I need to get in on this club. Just waiting for the right moment to strike. Was offered a nice VF- copy and am thinking it over...the price is nice.

I'm thinking it will take upwards of $250 to get a NM raw example, yes?

Peace,

Chip

I need to get in on this club. Just waiting for the right moment to strike. Was offered a nice VF- copy and am thinking it over...the price is nice.

I'm thinking it will take upwards of $250 to get a NM raw example, yes?

Peace,

Chip

You'd be lucky to find an 8.5/9.0 raw for $250. 2c

Just discovered this thread tonight - had my eye on this book for a couple months and wish I could grab a copy north of 7.0. The speculation on it actually makes me a bit sad cause I don't care that much about the movie, I just want the first appearance of one of my all time favorite villains!