• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting Independently published comics?

2 posts in this topic

I am curious on how one goes about submitting an independent comic - one not printed under ANY of the other major/minor comic houses.

Does one provide the label details to CGC or are they tasked on researching the information themselves from what they gather from the comic itself or online sources? (artist and writing credits are easy enough, but what about notable 1st appearance of character in the issue)?

A friend of mine has started his own small company and they have done a limited run of their first comic (and only issue so far...issue #2 is in the process of being coloured), and I would love to get a copy graded as a 'milestone' gift to him.

• Administrator

Any information that is pertinent to the comic can be listed on a post-it or note inserted in the mylar to be considered by the graders, otherwise they will only list what is easily researched or listed in the book itself.