• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Book Marketplace Now Open: ComicSwap.com

46 posts in this topic

Hey there!

After several months in development we've launched our comic book marketplace. We put together this page as a quick who, what, when where and why: http://comicswap.com/ (edit: a redesign has rendered the previous page useless so now there's this one :)

We're currently looking for dealers to partner with (we've got some really great terms we can extend..) to roll out our "featured dealer" program. If you're interested, please contact us through the site (or PM here) and we'll get acquainted!

Anyway, we'd love for you to come stop on by and let us know what you think!

Hey there!

After several months in development we've launched our comic book marketplace. We put together this page as a quick who, what, when where and why: http://comicswap.com/welcome-collectors/

We're currently looking for dealers to partner with (we've got some really great terms we can extend..) to roll out our "featured dealer" program. If you're interested, please contact us through the site (or PM here) and we'll get acquainted!

Anyway, we'd love for you to come stop on by and let us know what you think!

Pretty cool looking site (thumbs u

Interesting site.

How does a sale transaction work? Ie buyer send you money, you take 6% and forward balance to seller? Does the money go directly from buyer to seller via PayPal?

Do you accept credit card payments?

Any issues with international participants?

Any chance of a wife swap section? :)

I kidd, nice looking website sir.

Ha!

Interesting site.

How does a sale transaction work? Ie buyer send you money, you take 6% and forward balance to seller? Does the money go directly from buyer to seller via PayPal?

As of right now the 6% is taken out at checkout. We use something called paypal adaptive that splits the payment into 2 (the buyer only sends one though :). The money goes directly from buyer to seller.

You can use a credit card through paypal. Once we get the dealer program going we will allow dealers to use their preferred payment methods (offline, merchant acct, etc).

We are international friendly! It's up to the sellers whether they'd like to ship internationally or not. We do have a good amount of international members at present and things seem to be working fine :)

Any chance of a wife swap section? :)

I kidd, nice looking website sir.

Ha!

Interesting site.

As of right now the 6% is taken out at checkout. We use something called paypal adaptive that splits the payment into 2 (the buyer only sends one though :). The money goes directly from buyer to seller.

You can use a credit card through paypal. Once we get the dealer program going we will allow dealers to use their preferred payment methods (offline, merchant acct, etc).

We are international friendly! It's up to the sellers whether they'd like to ship internationally or not. We do have a good amount of international members at present and things seem to be working fine :)

How do you protect the buyer? are you planning on putting it all on paypal?

How do you protect the buyer? are you planning on putting it all on paypal?

First, we have a feedback system. Second, we have a few "under the hood" security measures implemented to avoid things like "shill bidding" and multiple accounts per user. Since we're not physically a part of the transactions we're kind of limited in what we can do. That said, if we do receive reports of buying/selling fraud we will investigate and do whatever we can if we can verify it's actually happening.

We've just released version 2.0 of our comic marketplace, ComicSwap.com

Not sure if many of you have heard of us or not (we've been on a bunch of comic sites and podcasts)... but if not, hey there, good to meet you!

Some new features: Our users can add an item to a "wantlist", which when a particular item reaches a significant amount of wants a feed is sent to a list of dealers. They compete to claim the 'bounty' of the item based on how many wants it has.

Additionally, our transaction platform is decoupled from the site listings... users need not go through our site to track a transaction using our platform and feedback tools. External transactions can be brought in (from forums, blogs, craigslist, whatever) for free.

At present we have over 3,600 members and a handful of dealers supporting our ecosystem.

This is still an 'in progress' service and any and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

Few questions: First, if i register, will i get signed up for junky newsletters?

Will I be charged anything to sell or be a dealer?

Are there commissions for the company runner people like you?

Do I pay a penny to someone other than paypal on buying or selling?

Sorry if this comes across rude...

Few questions: First, if i register, will i get signed up for junky newsletters?

Will I be charged anything to sell or be a dealer?

Are there commissions for the company runner people like you?

Do I pay a penny to someone other than paypal on buying or selling?

Sorry if this comes across rude...

No junky newsletters. Not a single one. I've had members since December of 2012 and only sent 3 newsletters total. If you want, I can link to one of them so you can see the content. Out of 3600 something members (and email receipts) I've had 1 unsubscribe. Seriously!

You will not be charged a single thing to buy, sell or trade. At all. Some features (like featured auctions in the future) will have a different arrangement, but they are not core features at all and will be few and far between and completely 100% optional.

I get like 10 cents per click on the ebay listings when you click them. That's it. The only monetization on the entire site (just to pay for hosting which is ~$50 per month). I could add an opt out button if you'd like. That would take all of 5 mins.

You do not pay a penny to anyone except the seller and paypal fees. That's it. I promise!