• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will I never learn? posted by Udidar

4 posts in this topic

Did it again

Darn darn darn, ( not the actual word I am using) Mycomicshop auctions ended today, and unfortunatly I won 5 auctions. Now one would think that " Hey, thats cool" except when you live in Australia. 4 cgc's from Mycomicshop they charge 18 bucks shipping, 5 books, they charge 53 dollars for shipping. 35 bucks more for one more book. It drives me bonkers. Especially when I didn't win any of my core series that I collect. I won two civil war 9.8 SS, for very cheap which is good, I guess. Normally I try and watch the auctions now and soon as I hit four wins boom, pay for that lot and keep going, but to busy at work to do that today. Guess I will try better at next round of auctions. And try and follow my rule I made months ago, only bid on comics I am collecting, not because 15 bucks makes me the high bidder. 0-5 on that rule :) Dreadstar? Huh? Ack!

Ah well mates, off to carouse mycomicshop for a couple more books, a christmas present for myself, well another present, actually already had a number for myself. :) Oh yeah, that 106 ss Alpha Flight was a christmas present from my son yeah, that works.

12673.jpg

See more journals by Udidar

Civil War is, by far, my favorite Marvel Crossover Event. In fact, aside from Wizard Magazine and the CGC, it was the catalyst for getting me back into collecting comics in the mid-00's. I would love to see it made into a movie. I'm sure Marvel/Disney will consider it.

I'm glad you mentioned mycomicshop.com. I've made purchases through them and they deliver. They're site is also pretty awesome... they provide a detailed description of nearly every single comic, not to mention that they have a large back issue inventory.

Your purchase rocks! Now I'm getting the itch for signatures. Thanks for sharing!

Just curious? Do the Aussies put out any interesting comics? If so, could you direct me to a publisher's website?

They are a GREAT PLACE to buy CGC SS on the cheap. For some reason SS people don't seem to shop the auctions there.

Whoops, did I just give away the secret?

I dont believe there are any widespread Australian comics. There are lots of small publishers out there, mostly into horror it seems. Dark Oz at Darkoz.com.au is kind of neat in that they can make comics specifically for you. You could star in your own comic book if you wanted. They can also set you up with artists if you have a comic or graphic novel you want made. You can always google australian comic book publishers and that should bring up lists of publishers for one to look at as well