• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DALE ROBERTS HOLIDAY SALES THREAD! FINAL DISCOUNTS! UPDATE PAGE 207

2,133 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I am a little late getting this thing rolling this year, but I will try to make up for it with lots and lots of good deals, and lots and lots of good books. I have been buying, and buying, and buying this year, and have lots of unprocessed inventory and you guys are going to get 1st shot at all of it. There will be some incredible deals, with some stuff as much as 75% off of retail.

There will be Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze, Copper, Moderns, Magazines, and even some misc stuff like fanzines, hardcovers, original art, memorabilia, some modern full runs, and maybe a statue or two. There will be slabs, tons of high grade raws, some nice looking midgrade books, and some cheap low grade reader issues. Should be something for every collector.

The books are from primarily 4 "collections".

1. The "FOOLKILLER" COLLECTION - As some of you know, Brian set up at Baltimore Comic Con this year. He had lots of great stuff, and lots of deals. On Saturday night, we made a deal for everything that he had left at the show, and I purchased about 13 boxes of books from him. Everything from Golden Age, to Silver Age, to Bronze Age, to Moderns. There are lots of super-nice books from this collection and LOTS of great deals.

2. The "NIGHT OWL" COLLECTION - This is an original owner collection which was originally collected by a late night radio host from the Chicago area, and consists primarily of high grade Marvels from the 1960s and 1970s. I have several hundred books from this collection.

3. The "OLD TIMER" COLLECTION - This collection was assembled by an old time collector/flea market dealer. This guy should have been on the show "Hoarders". The collection consists of lots of Golden Age, lots of Silver and Bronze in varying grades, and also some original art. I am still in the process of purchasing this collection.

4. And finally, the last is a random collection of books which I have accumulated through the year, which is basically books which I have purchased and did not have time to process between conventions. This stuff can really build up, and will consist primarily of Silver/Bronze/Copper and a few Moderns. Alot of the stuff I was planning on subbing to CGC, but as slow as they are, I think I will just sell the books raw on here.

I will also be pulling some books from my A inventory to sell here, including Amazing Spider-man #1, 2 X-Men #1s, and some stuff like that. There will be lots of Bronze Age keys in various grades as well. And finally, I gone through my convention inventory, and pulled books which I have in duplication. Those books will be offered here as well.

I am anticipating listing probably a couple of thousand books at least, and the boards will get first shot at all of them. I am really looking to move alot of this stuff and there will be some really nice books at really nice prices.

I will probably list books 3 or 4 nights a week, and also a few times a week during the daytime, normally around lunch time.

Toward the end of the thread, there will be a special discount session for people who bought earlier in the thread, though I haven't decided exactly how I will handle this yet. But anyway, buy early and often and you will be eligible for special deals or exclusive books or something along those lines.

Shipping will be by USPS Priority Mail. I will make it as cheap as I possibly can for you.

Paypal, checks, money orders or credit cards are all accepted.

As always, time payments are fine for any purchase over $300.00, but please check with me first for terms.

Grading will be very tight on everything in the thread, but books are 100% satisfaction guaranteed, and may be returned, as long as it is done in a timely manner.

:takeit: is the only way to fly, as there is really no way to keep everything straight in a thread of this size. Please quote the book, or at least reference it when using the :takeit:. Reasonable offers considered. But if you PM, you still need to drop the :takeit:.

So as to stay within the rules, here is one book for now. New listings will begin on Sunday night the 16th, sometime around 9 - 9:30 CST, or sooner if I can get my kids to bed.

X-Men #1 CGC 8.0 off white to white pages - truly beautiful book with great colors and very white

$13,750.00 firm. No paypal here. Check or Money orders only.

BTW, this book has not been pressed to my knowledge, and does have some upgradable defects. Looks like a borderline upgrade candidate.

632251127_o.jpg