• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadline #1 1988 - Why no love?

30 posts in this topic

I was just wondering why the first appearance of Tank Girl has no graded copies? By its dimensions, I believe it could be graded. Also, I know she is not the most popular character, but almost everything has been graded at some point. So, why no love for this first appearance?

I have two copies, one really low grade and one is probably about 9. When I bought them neither one was advertised as a Tank Girl first appearance. They were relatively cheap too compared to any other decent first appearance. I assume they not printed in large quantities, but that is just speculation on my side. I think I am going to get my high end copy graded. It just seemed weird because the US version that came out years later with no first appearances all have copies in the census. I just felt like I was missing something.

I was just wondering why the first appearance of Tank Girl has no graded copies? By its dimensions, I believe it could be graded. Also, I know she is not the most popular character, but almost everything has been graded at some point. So, why no love for this first appearance?

I honestly never heard of it.

btw

How was the comic book series?

How was the movie?

Is it something you recommend?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Quick synopsis of Tank Girl: A young woman who lives in a post-apocalyptic Australia who enjoys drinking beer (and everything else), killing the man and his henchmen via her very rat rod tank, and hanging out/having sex with her mutant half man half kangaroo boy friend. I never dug the movie (Ice-t plays one of the mutant kangaroos), but the comic is nothing but fun.

I woulds also like to say,that really is a VERY accurate assessment of Far-north Queensland.

Especially the Kangaroo Sex.

You forgot Jet-Girl - now thats an awesome character.

Oh it was all about water. The comic, not the kangaroo sex.