Amazing Spider-Man 700 Variant Set

13 posts in this topic

9,048 posts

Yes despite the pathetic ending to my favorite title i would still like a complete set of the variants in raw 9.6/9.8 condition. If anyone can help a brother out then please let me know. Thanks :hi:

P.S. If you can only get hold of the 5 regular covers i would be happy with only those.

As far as i'm aware there are 9 variants:

5 evenly split variants:

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Regular Mr Garcin Collage Cover

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Variant Humberto Ramos Wraparound Cover

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Variant Marcos Martin Amazing Spider-Man 50th Anniversary Cover

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Variant Marcos Martin NYC Skyline Cover

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Variant Olivier Coipel Cover

3 incentive covers:

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Incentive Steve Ditko Variant Cover

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Incentive Joe Quesada Sketch Cover

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Incentive Joe Quesada Variant Cover

1 Exclusive cover:

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Midtown Exclusive J Scott Campbell Variant Cover

There is also a Dynamic Forces cover but not sure if it's a new cover or just signed.

9,048 posts

Thanks. Yes i've seen that, that's where i got my list of variants from. Having heard bad things about midtowns packaging on these forums and problems getting refunds i would rather not risk it. Besides i'm looking for 9.6-9.8 copies, something an online retailer or eBay can't guarantee, which is why i'm asking here for anyone who will have spares to sell :)

9,048 posts

:bump:

Should have mentioned i'll pay more than the Midtown prices for guaranteed 9.8 copies from a board member :)

387 posts

My personal experience (others may vary) has always been 9.8 when i submit from Midtown. I'm not gotten a 9.6 or lower yet.

842 posts
My personal experience (others may vary) has always been 9.8 when i submit from Midtown. I'm not gotten a 9.6 or lower yet.

I order from midtown a lot. 90% of their copies are in great condition. I did get a box that was fubared once, but i sent them back and they replaced them. I dont have any bad things to say about midtown

9,048 posts

One last bump before i roll the dice and order from Midtown. Anyone? :wishluck:

9,892 posts

I have been a Midtown Comic subscriber for years. Yesterday, received my monthly order (about 50 books). They were poorly packed. Placed in two paper bags and then wrapped with one sheet of heavy duty bubble wrap that didnt quite fit around them Nothing to secure them from moving.

14 of the books have significant corner damage. When I have a moment, I will contact Midtown and apprise them of the issue. In the past, when I have received damaged comics, Midtown requires the buyer to pay the return shipping cost (really pisses me off). Amazon or any other retailer with customer service at the forefront of their business pays the return shipping if it is their fault.

I do think they do much better shipping smaller quantities of books. I am either going back to multiple shipments per month or finding someone else to buy from.

Good Luck,

Brian

9,048 posts
I have been a Midtown Comic subscriber for years. Yesterday, received my monthly order (about 50 books). They were poorly packed. Placed in two paper bags and then wrapped with one sheet of heavy duty bubble wrap that didnt quite fit around them Nothing to secure them from moving.

14 of the books have significant corner damage. When I have a moment, I will contact Midtown and apprise them of the issue. In the past, when I have received damaged comics, Midtown requires the buyer to pay the return shipping cost (really pisses me off). Amazon or any other retailer with customer service at the forefront of their business pays the return shipping if it is their fault.

I do think they do much better shipping smaller quantities of books. I am either going back to multiple shipments per month or finding someone else to buy from.

Good Luck,

Brian

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry about your damaged books. I hope you get a refund. That policy that you have to pay return shipping even if it's they're fault is ridiculous.

I emailed them 5 days ago with a couple of questions and they didn't even reply so i won't waste my time with them and find somewhere else.

1,829 posts

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry about your damaged books. I hope you get a refund. That policy that you have to pay return shipping even if it's they're fault is ridiculous.

I emailed them 5 days ago with a couple of questions and they didn't even reply so i won't waste my time with them and find somewhere else.

It's different for people I guess. And as far as emailing them goes, I never do, because it is honestly better to call them or chat with them online, and they're pretty friendly and extremely helpful. I don't know about that other guy, but when I told them I had damaged books, they replaced them free of charge, no return shipping charge or anything. When they didn't have them in stock and I reported damaged comics, they just refunded me my money.

9,892 posts

Wow - thats nice - I have returned books 4-5 times and each time they have made me return the book to get a replacement or a refund. When a book costs $3 sometimes its not worth the return shipping cost for me to send it back it (I think that is what they are hoping for).

As far as email, they have always been fairly responsive. Returning email within 1 business day.

1,829 posts

I got mine from midtown, and I might be able to help you out with the 3 incentive covers and midtown cover and whatever cover you want if they're in 9.6/9.8 condition. I can send you scans and stuff when I receive them. Not really sure yet, but I'm really leaning towards it since I'm trying to get some money for 9.8 ASM 121