• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Kitty Pride solo flick in development.

Seemed like a no brainer pick up for awhile.  White Queen or Kitty Pryde (or both) will blow up sometime in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Kitty Pride solo flick in development.

Now all I need for it to be based on the Kitty Pryde / Wolverine series I've been stock piling for awhile when I find them cheap.

Now that Disney might get the X-Men characters for movies (maybe), time to buy back all those Old Man Logans on the cheap (sort of, not really) because maybe they can beg Hugh Jackman to come back and do the prequel to "Logan"...seriously, an actual old man logan movie could be awesome (I liked Logan, but come on, we need incestuous hulk billy bob kids), although i don't know if they can get it done in 2 hours. Nothing done in Logan precludes the Old Man Logan story line, does it? (and if it does, they can just tweak a little). It was implied that Xavier killed the other x-men in Logan, but not clearly, and they can figure out a way to have it be Logan (to get the mysterio element out of the story), like Xavier accidentally drove logan temporarily insane and delusional

29 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Seemed like a no brainer pick up for awhile.  White Queen or Kitty Pryde (or both) will blow up sometime in the future. 

Agreed. Major women are always a good pick up. When you you get two in one book................I've been pimping this book for years.

5 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Agreed. Major women are always a good pick up. When you you get two in one book................I've been pimping this book for years.

Plus 129 is one of my all time favorite books.  Picked up my 9.6 like 2 years ago for 200.  Looking good right now.

2 hours ago, drotto said:

Plus 129 is one of my all time favorite books.  Picked up my 9.6 like 2 years ago for 200.  Looking good right now.

I think X-Men 138, 139, 143, 153, and 168 are layups. 153 and 168 especially are super cheap and are great buys. Plus - this is important - they're 36 years old :facepalm:

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I think X-Men 138, 139, 143, 153, and 168 are layups. 153 and 168 especially are super cheap and are great buys. Plus - this is important - they're 36 years old :facepalm:

My absolute favorite long run of all time is X-Men 94 through about 175.  Cockrum, Byrne, and Paul Smith were masters.

The cover on X-Men 155 sucked me into reading it every month for several years after that from age 10 or so onward. Then I stopped playing with comics as a teen until I became a stressed out law student and got hooked for the next 25 years. I had wanted to read some of the Byrne x-mens before that, but they were so frigging expensive at the stores. A beater of some non-key issues was $5.

Edited by the blob

21 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I get the 139 - Kitty joins (first in costume?) and 168 - First Madelyne Pryor. Do you like the others just for Kitty stories or is there something more?

2 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I get the 139 - Kitty joins (first in costume?) and 168 - First Madelyne Pryor. Do you like the others just for Kitty stories or is there something more?

138: Kitty shows up at X-Mansion
143: The Kitty Pryde Battles An Alien story
153: The "Kitty's Fairy Tale" story to Ilyana

7 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

166: First Lockheed

10 hours ago, Dr Zen said:

166: First Lockheed

Done right Lockheed has the potential to become a mega marketing GOLDMINE !! Who doesn't love a little dragon? First appearance in 166? how about the fairy tale in 153? and on the cover ... let the first appearance controversy begin!

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_153_Newsstand.jpg

Edited by comic_memories

On 1/10/2018 at 3:17 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Now you are making me feel old.  Bought all of those at the tail end of my youthful collecting, bagged them, and they sat in a dark closest in my parents house until last summer.  Finally getting around to CGCing some of my old books.  Lucky for me they all have white pages.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

1st is in 153 - look he is right there on the cover!

Technically Lockheed is the nickname for the SR-71 (the model of plane used as the X plane and the maker of the plane was Lockheed Martin), and the plane is a large dragon in the fairy tail.  So I do not think it is technically the same character.  As a fully formed character 166 is the first formal Lockheed, although they used the look and name from 153.  He just got shrunk down.

Is 153 technically the first appearance of bamfs also?

I had the opportunity to buy a page from this book about 8 years ago, I thought the $1100 price was a bit steep at the time ( it had a nice Pheonix panel on it) . I have regretted not grabbing it ever since.

Edited by drotto