• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Um, recent sales is all that matters. In today's market, what something sold for last year is not relevant now.

Old sales, like old threads on this forum, are great for identifying books that used to be all the rage...and could be again. 10 and 15 year old discussions on this forum have proven to be invaluable. 

2 hours ago, Grib said:

Where is Hero for Hire or Marvel Premiere prices compared to pre show. And yes I do know they are silver books, they are used as examples only

You're in the right section. They're Bronze Age books.

3 hours ago, Grib said:

Crazy time right now, books peak for a week than drop only to slowly go up. Where is Hero for Hire or Marvel Premiere prices compared to pre show. And yes I do know they are silver books, they are used as examples only. I have a couple of nice Logan Run #6 CGC 9.2, I expect they will go up in price soon only to drop a week after the movie than to slowly go up. It is like the stock market and gambling had a baby. Fun and frustrating.

That's exactly the formula. That's why a book two months ago may no longer be relevant.

On 1/31/2018 at 6:39 AM, ygogolak said:

Um, recent sales is all that matters. In today's market, what something sold for last year is not relevant now.

I didn't cite anything sold last year, I was talking about apparent increased activity in views and watches on a book (in the last week) that has never really held much market interest (except those of old enough to have bought it contemporaneous with the movie).

Edited by divad

10 hours ago, divad said:

I didn't cite anything sold last year, I was talking about apparent increased activity in views and watches on a book (in the last week) that has never really held much market interest (except those of old enough to have bought it contemporaneous with the movie).

Ah, so nothing sold. Gotcha.

10 hours ago, Grib said:

Any word on how Black Panther #1 is selling? With the movie going strong I would think the book is heating up.

Very well based on the recent sales in GPA.  Some grades seem to have doubled after the movie (at least from a last sale price).

2 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Yeah! I forgot,this hobby is our lives in general are no longer about buying what you like, it's about buying what everyone else likes.:insane:

Fixed that for ya! (with emphasis on the no longer).