• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

I read there's going to be a Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl cartoon coming out from Disney. I know Moon Girl is a Modern book, anybody seeing an uptick in prices on the BA Devil D? 

41 minutes ago, MisterX said:

I read there's going to be a Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl cartoon coming out from Disney. I know Moon Girl is a Modern book, anybody seeing an uptick in prices on the BA Devil D? 

They were still reasonable on ebay, I think most the spec sites are pimping the Moon Girl series. I like the 1st appearance of the Red Dinosaur from the Kirby series.

4 hours ago, boomtown said:

They were still reasonable on ebay, I think most the spec sites are pimping the Moon Girl series. I like the 1st appearance of the Red Dinosaur from the Kirby series.

The Big Hero 6 cartoon series did nothing to revive the 1st appearances hype of those characters so probably not. In reality, if this board had the power to dictate the market like it did a couple years ago, sure.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, Lonzilla said:

The Big Hero 6 cartoon series did nothing to revive the 1st appearances hype of those characters so probably not. In reality, if this board had the power to dictate the market like it did a couple years ago, sure.

Pretty much cartoon series really don't have a huge impact anymore. The spec sites are pushing Moon Girl pretty hard but the reality it doesn't do as much for a book
as it used too like Livewire and such a few years back.

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Pretty much cartoon series really don't have a huge impact anymore. The spec sites are pushing Moon Girl pretty hard but the reality it doesn't do as much for a book
as it used too like Livewire and such a few years back.

And just this weekend, pointing to a $40 copy of SA5 on my wall, "Why is that book still $40? They've never done ANYTHING with her." It was hard to come up with a justification of the market (not my price)............

35 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

Jungle Action #6 CGC 9.8.  currently at $2,800.00   First Killmonger

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162936034098?rmvSB=true

I should have sold my mid-grade as a BIN. Someone got a deal, compared to some of the recent results:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jungle-Action-6-F-VF-feat-Black-Panther-first-Killmonger-Preyy-Warrior-Falls/152932055778

13 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

And what seller in their right mind would have a reserve set above $2,800?  Double :screwy:

people want it bad enough it seems  here is a 9.4 for a $1,000.00 buy it now  https://www.ebay.com/itm/JUNGLE-ACTION-6-1976-HIGH-GRADE-CGC-9-4-WHITE-PAGES-1ST-ERIK-KILLMONGER/222879976791?hash=item33e4ae8d57:g:fEcAAOSw2fpapvnX  here is a 9.4 that sold last week for $1,284.00  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jungle-Action-6-CGC-9-4-Black-Panther-1st-new-JAsolo-story-1st-Erik-Kilmonger/112833077030?hash=item1a45601f26:g:t9cAAOSw7J5akLRs

2 hours ago, comic_memories said:

But why? Killmonger ? He is such a awesome character like.....:insane:

13 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Who in their right mind would pay that sort of money for that book? :screwy:

You will feel foolish when you gets even more hype in the next movie!:jokealert: