• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, xomic said:

Technically the Eternals have been around since at least Red Raven Comics #1

Yup.

I’ll be hitting the comic shops tomorrow to see if I can find some underpriced copies in the bargain bins before the word gets around.

Edited by Ken Aldred

11 hours ago, blazingbob said:

There is only one pimp and that is supapimp who I never see on the boards anymore.

Yep, he's a local . . . and even I haven't seen him in a long time.

6 hours ago, divad said:
18 hours ago, blazingbob said:

There is only one pimp and that is supapimp who I never see on the boards anymore.

Yep, he's a local . . . and even I haven't seen him in a long time.

As I recall, some transaction drama between him and another boardie. Can't find the thread at the moment

Found it - https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/253099-hey-supapimp-you-owe-anfield-fox-a-new-mutants-98/

Edited by Jerkfro

15 hours ago, xomic said:

Technically the Eternals have been around since at least Red Raven Comics #1

I would challenge that, Please show some panels with the Eternals from Red Raven 1 or Captain America 1, or any other book. Don't go by Wiki or what is listed out there, read the books and judge for yourself. Retcons don't matter much anyways

1 hour ago, 1p36DSA said:

I would challenge that, Please show some panels with the Eternals from Red Raven 1 or Captain America 1, or any other book. Don't go by Wiki or what is listed out there, read the books and judge for yourself. Retcons don't matter much anyways

It is a retcon.  I do read books.  Anything else?

12 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Not sure if you guys consider it copper age but Thor 337 seems to be heating up the past couple of days

Good either way; from a transitional period. I'll always see it as early Copper Age, but some have redefined it as very late Bronze.

I wouldn't quibble about it.

Edited by Ken Aldred

It's amazing to me that a book like Eternals has turned almost overnight from a dollar bin book to a 100 book (raw). I was talking to someone this weekend about it and he was saying that a price correction was well overdue on this book and the TV show talks were the spark that set it aflame. If we were to go by that example then I would also consider speculating on a book like (Kirby's) Sandman #1. It's still a very affordable book and definitely in dire need of a price correction

25 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

It's amazing to me that a book like Eternals has turned almost overnight from a dollar bin book to a 100 book (raw). I was talking to someone this weekend about it and he was saying that a price correction was well overdue on this book and the TV show talks were the spark that set it aflame. If we were to go by that example then I would also consider speculating on a book like (Kirby's) Sandman #1. It's still a very affordable book and definitely in dire need of a price correction

Sandman might be a harder sell though it could make a killer kids/young adult movie. Vertigo's Sandman I feel will happen first. HBO would be a fantastic place for it.

24 minutes ago, Grib said:

Sandman might be a harder sell though it could make a killer kids/young adult movie. Vertigo's Sandman I feel will happen first. HBO would be a fantastic place for it.

I wasn't necessarily advicating Kirby's Sandman as an optioned property. But merely using the Eternals example as a book that needed a price correction. It did. I am in the belief that Sandman 1 is extremely undervalued, both as a first appearance and as a Kirby bronze classic. Up until now I thought that since it was massively overprinted a price correction wouldn't makes sense. But as with the Eternals example, it clearly could. And it should 

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I wasn't necessarily advicating Kirby's Sandman as an optioned property. But merely using the Eternals example as a book that needed a price correction. It did. I am in the belief that Sandman 1 is extremely undervalued, both as a first appearance and as a Kirby bronze classic. Up until now I thought that since it was massively overprinted a price correction wouldn't makes sense. But as with the Eternals example, it clearly could. And it should 

I agree, I find the book hard to find in very high grades, most are beat up.

The Price didn't sell very well and in 1981 not too many shops were bagging magazine type books. It was kind of an odd book. Not a comic, and  not a magazine . Trade paperbacks and graphic novels were still a few years away from really being popular. I remember seeing this in a shop and being turned off by cover price.  I think this book is much rarer than Vanths first appearances in Epic Magazine.