• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2018 at 8:59 PM, zen514 said:

Jared Leto is a great actor but one cannot expect a stellar performance when screen time, --script, directing, editing, etc is done well.

He is an oscar winner!

Bingo, the hate for him is unnecessary.  It was an awful interpretation of Joker and terrible writing/dialogue for the most part.  He was setup for failure.  I could definitely see him absolutely crushing a performance as Morbius granted as long as the writing is on point.  He did the best he could with a crappy movie and a crappy version of Joker.  People have been speculating on ASM 101 for a while now and its only confirmed the speculation with the supposed official casting.

1 hour ago, Eric C. said:

Bingo, the hate for him is unnecessary.  It was an awful interpretation of Joker and terrible writing/dialogue for the most part.  He was setup for failure.  I could definitely see him absolutely crushing a performance as Morbius granted as long as the writing is on point.  He did the best he could with a crappy movie and a crappy version of Joker.  People have been speculating on ASM 101 for a while now and its only confirmed the speculation with the supposed official casting.

:headbang:

On 7/11/2018 at 7:19 PM, Von Cichlid said:

I think that eventually X-Men 101 will be more valuable than X-Men 94.  It kind of makes sense anyway, as 94 is not really the first appearance of anything and 101 is, in a way, the beginning of the story arc that represents the absolute best of the bronze age.

Looks like the two just passed each other. 101 on the way up and 94 on the way down.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like the two just passed each other. 101 on the way up and 94 on the way down.

As it should. I've been preaching for years to anyone who would listen that 94 is the most over-hyped and overpriced "big" book there is. It has next to no relevance in today's market. The only people actively buying it are people trying to finish their X-Men runs...………...and @Bio-Rupp

10 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

As it should. I've been preaching for years to anyone who would listen that 94 is the most over-hyped and overpriced "big" book there is. It has next to no relevance in today's market. The only people actively buying it are people trying to finish their X-Men runs...………...and @Bio-Rupp

Sounds like a good time to buy, Sam  :D 

Anyone wanting to get rid of those worthless #94s, I'm always buying at half current GPA  :D 

You can use that money to buy all the copies of X101 you can get your hands on :D:D 

Shazam #1 seems to finally be moving consistently at reasonably high prices, the movie has finally pushed this book up to it's bloated guide price. Now if Kamandi and Sandman could get some hype the DC trifecta of over-priced guide books could finally be broken.

4 hours ago, boomtown said:

Shazam #1 seems to finally be moving consistently at reasonably high prices, the movie has finally pushed this book up to it's bloated guide price. Now if Kamandi and Sandman could get some hype the DC trifecta of over-priced guide books could finally be broken.

Why do you feel it's overpriced? Shazam was absent for a number of years, and that book marks his return. There's not many collectible Shazam issues, so it seems well earned. Granted there's quite a few on the census, especially for a DC book.

It is nice to be able to convert Shazam #1s and other issues into better books now thanks to the first movie trailer (which did not look great). I don't think it will have a ton of room to move since it is readily available and does not have any true 1st apps, but I am glad to be able to move them for higher prices. 

Shazam 1 is Capt Marvel's first real appearance in 19 years. That's longer than most of the characters who have a huge value attached to their "First Silver/Bronze Age Appearance" like Captain America, Namor, and basically the entire Batman villain list. 

Different topic, but "first Silver Age appearance" is the most over-hyped, price inflating ruse in the hobby...……………..