• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Wow, that is ridiculous. You could do the same thing yourself through a binding company for a hell of a lot less than that. 

5 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

Wow, that is ridiculous. You could do the same thing yourself through a binding company for a hell of a lot less than that. 

I used to bind a lot of my runs, that is about 150.00 to 200.00 at most in binding fees.

Something is seriously off about that sale.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:03 PM, PeterPark said:

I guess they are heating up. Hell, I have every issue in NM I would sell them all for a heck of a lot less, un bound. Any interest? :flipbait:. . . Take a look at the automatic bid history, somethings odd about how it jumps up in price than drops than jumps really high.

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

2 hours ago, divad said:

I'm not convinced that there is anything untoward about it. :grin:

I agree but it is strange. "Untoward" fantastic under used word.  I gave your post a like just on the use of it.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:29 PM, divad said:

I've always liked the idea of bound library copies, but yikes!  Still though, I can see myself sitting down by the fireplace (pipe, slippers and all), a glass of ancient single malt and pouring through these. :grin:

You paint a great image.... though some parts I might be imagining a little wrong

image.png.a9512fcd445c42033f6cc837ef2f445c.png

+

image.png.775b7ccfb0d8546d6a5da27d6512a7f5.png

+

image.png.f0a6f976852b80673b27b849444ac22b.png

+

image.png.6ef8492e570cd638a3cd7aee2e6a30ec.png

+

image.png.fad4ef80f21759b6198cf69aa1421af7.png

On 9/7/2018 at 2:59 AM, Jerkfro said:

Or buy the omnibus for even less.

So I pay whatever it takes to purchase the run, then deface them beyond recovery. then pay and spend time binding them.

Not my cup of tea, but this hobby is bleeding collectors because of Marvel and their  "House lacking in ideas".

It is good to see different takes on collecting.  This seems good for everyone with an interest in the hobby.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:08 PM, NP_Gresham said:

So I pay whatever it takes to purchase the run, then deface them beyond recovery. then pay and spend time binding them.

Not my cup of tea, but this hobby is bleeding collectors because of Marvel and their  "House lacking in ideas".

It is good to see different takes on collecting.  This seems good for everyone with an interest in the hobby.

Don't get me wrong . . . I wouldn't mind having it, but I'd never pay any real money for it. Also, I would never buy an omnibus of anything. They are not comics. I love reprints, but only if they're newsprint.

17 hours ago, divad said:

Don't get me wrong . . . I wouldn't mind having it, but I'd never pay any real money for it. Also, I would never buy an omnibus of anything. They are not comics. I love reprints, but only if they're newsprint.

To each their own, but I’ve always valued the content over the platform.

On 9/17/2018 at 6:11 PM, Brock said:
On 9/17/2018 at 12:38 AM, divad said:

To each their own, but I’ve always valued the content over the platform.

Another problem (if you consider it such) with omnibusses....omnibi...whatever is that depending on the series you aren't getting complete issues of the original comics. For instance, if a comic had a backup series that probably won't be included. There's also something undefinable, in a good way for me anyways, about reading the comics in their original form. 

Edited by Jerkfro

On 9/13/2018 at 12:08 AM, NP_Gresham said:
On 9/7/2018 at 5:59 AM, Jerkfro said:

Some stuff never gets printed in a trade or hardcover volume though and some stuff will likely never be collected into volumes. Rom springs to mind. Micronauts is another. 

I've recently put together reader runs on the cheap and I've considered binding them. These are mid grade copies of comics readily available so the idea of binding them is appealing and If I bind them, I get the entire issue, every page. I'd certainly never do it for high grade scarce or valuable comics though. 

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, Jerkfro said:

Very early Rob Liefeld drawing. No feet, dead giveaway

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:06 PM, 01TheDude said:

You paint a great image.... though some parts I might be imagining a little wrong

image.png.a9512fcd445c42033f6cc837ef2f445c.png

+

+

image.png.f0a6f976852b80673b27b849444ac22b.png

+

+

I would like a working fireplace in my living room and for it to be furnished comfortably for adults, rather than having $5000 worth of DC Imaginex toys, beyblades, action figures, and legos all over the place.

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Canadian price V though, they’re sometimes triple regular US books

There hasn't been an uptick on this issue though and CGC does not have a label designation for it. But, there is a regular version listed for $750. So, yes, this was a premium buy based on the Canadian price.