• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

There hasn't been an uptick on this issue though and CGC does not have a label designation for it. But, there is a regular version listed for $750. So, yes, this was a premium buy based on the Canadian price.

Canadian books have gone nutso, a Spidey 238 9.8 sold for over 2k recently

42 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Why Canadians are worth more put pence books are worth less is beyond me

Good question. I suspect it has to do with the price on the book itself. Though the price may be different, both the USA and Canada have the price in cents. The price in pence just looks different. Comics are about recreating your youth, and we did not buy books with a pence price.

54 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

C'mon - whats heating on feebay? Im listening ...

X-men 164 :gossip:  I don't know if its about to explode but I see a ton selling for $30 - $40.

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

C'mon - whats heating on feebay? Im listening ...

X-men 164 :gossip:  I don't know if its about to explode but I see a ton selling for $30 - $40.

If you want to go that route :foryou: then amazing spiderman annual #16 is doing well, 1982 though. Xmen #134 still picking up steam.... all these are in limbo, but if you own them already, they're some things to watch :shy: 

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I highly doubt they call her "Binary" even once in the upcoming movie.  What a waste of moolah.

Could be but people are willing to bet $25 - $30 to see if they mention it in the movie and it becomes a $150 book in a slab. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Could be but people are willing to bet $25 - $30 to see if they mention it in the movie and it becomes a $150 book in a slab. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

From the trailer and from some rumors, Captain Marvel's powers may be similar to her Binary powers. I think it will be some kind of combo of Binary powers and the Quantum Realm (perhaps even the Uni-power). But anyway, maybe that's what accounts for the Binary interest.

59 minutes ago, Grib said:

Any movement on Red Sonja after they announced a new Bryan Singer movie?

Yes. 23 & 24 seem to be jumping in price.  Saw a couple 24s sell last weekend at a local Con for high prices on top of some high E-Bay sales this week.

I'd keep an eye out for Kull & the Barbarians 3 in high grade.  Fantastic Red Sonja origin story and pretty tough to find in high grade.

12 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

I got a VF- copy tugged away somewhere. Whats current FMV on such a book?

$15 - $20.  Large up-tick compared to the $5 I saw not that long ago

Edited by 1Cool