• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, jharvey said:
19 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I was thinking of selling my 9.6 Xmen 130 (dazzler) and I just noticed on GPA that it's really been trending up.

Is there a movie that's been announced?  What am I missing?  I never thought Dazzler was all that special.

Supposedly Dazzler will be in the Dark Phoenix movie.

The darkness and the light?

56 minutes ago, Grib said:

Very big surprise, I didn't know this was a first appearance or own book? I have a number 1-10 but only the first 2 books have Sabrina in the title. Is the series any good?

This came out after Sabrina #1, so it is neither her first appearance (which was in Mad House much earlier in the Silver Age) nor the first issue of her own title. However, what it does have going for it is that it's serious horror stories, as opposed to comedy. And it has "Chilling Adventures" in the title. Both of those things make this a spiritual forerunner of the new TV series Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (based on the recent comic of the same name), which is getting great reviews on Netflix at the moment. 

Sabrina is really just the narrator in these issues, but for fans of the show, this is a cool book. 

On 10/29/2018 at 2:56 PM,  ygogolak said: 

Lots of 0 and 2 feedback bids. Welcome to Shilltown.

1.jpg

On 10/29/2018 at 3:50 PM, 1Cool said:

Looks that way to me.  Unless they can prove its being shilled will the fake price be included in the GPA price for the book?  Shady on many different levels.

GPA didn't include it in the history or in the stats for 9.8 copies but included it at bottom under "relists, non-sales, errors"

(9.8)  Questionable bidding history/publ 1982/vol 2 $510  Oct-2018
Edited by John R

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This book has shot up like a bottle rocket!  Amazing! I really want it but I'll wait and hopefully the price will drop some.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:39 AM, ygogolak said:

Is it me or does this suffer from a case of that Shaken Book Syndrome?

On 11/2/2018 at 2:43 PM, Crimebuster said:

serious horror stories, as opposed to comedy. And it has "Chilling Adventures" in the title. Both of those things make this a spiritual forerunner of the new TV series Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (based on the recent comic of the same name), which is getting great reviews on Netflix at the moment. 

Sabrina is really just the narrator in these issues, but for fans of the show, this is a cool book. 

1972 goodness #1:

SpuemlM.jpg

On 11/10/2018 at 7:04 PM, WhatMeWorry said:
22 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I think it's just a bad wrap. Makes it look like the book is crooked.

The book is crooked, left bottom is lower than the right bottom. Still a beautiful book. 

This is not necessarily heating up nor is it eBay, but the arrow is pointing upward. I was surprised, and really shouldn't be given today's market, to see that this book was listed and sold immediately on Worldwide Comics today for $1,000. This year, the book in CGC 9.8 has 17 recorded sales on GPA hitting $1,000 or over, including 13 out of the last 16 sales. Before this year, a certified book in the same grade never reached a grand.

ASM238.jpg.b28029721f63b865f30dbab1c0bf90ee.jpg

1 hour ago, letsgrumble said:

This is not necessarily heating up nor is it eBay, but the arrow is pointing upward. I was surprised, and really shouldn't be given today's market, to see that this book was listed and sold immediately on Worldwide Comics today for $1,000. This year, the book in CGC 9.8 has 17 recorded sales on GPA hitting $1,000 or over, including 13 out of the last 16 sales. Before this year, a certified book in the same grade never reached a grand.

Noted this a few months back.

I think of it as Bronze as well, but it really is early Copper.