• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Noted this a few months back.

I think of it as Bronze as well, but it really is early Copper.

I'm the first to admit that like Captain America, I'm a man out of time on this one. Had to check GPA when I saw that sale, and realized that it was a nick below the average over the last three months.

Is this book copper? Cover date is March, 1983. Same date as UXM #167 and FF #252.

9 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

I'm the first to admit that like Captain America, I'm a man out of time on this one. Had to check GPA when I saw that sale, and realized that it was a nick below the average over the last three months.

Is this book copper? Cover date is March, 1983. Same date as UXM #167 and FF #252.

As the ASM 238 heats up, there is a rash of FF #252 being listed with either missing Tattooz or no mention if they are in the book.

I am sure a good number of the ASM #238 raws are 'franken-books'.

21 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

As the ASM 238 heats up, there is a rash of FF #252 being listed with either missing Tattooz or no mention if they are in the book.

I am sure a good number of the ASM #238 raws are 'franken-books'.

I agree on that note - it's got to be the easiest form of "enhancement" there is - no structural work at all required.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:49 PM, letsgrumble said:

Yeah ASM 138 is copper. If it says March 83 then it was probably sitting on newsstands around Jan '83. I think bronze ends in Dec 82

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Giant-Size-X-Men-1-CGC-9-8-1st-app-of-new-X-men-2nd-FULL-WOLVERINE-1975-Bronze-/283273539170   

📈 😵 Could this still be the Disney effect? Imagine if they announced plans for a reboot?! This thing would have an epic volcanic eruption or something!

Edited by MGsimba77

39 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah ASM 138 is copper. If it says March 83 then it was probably sitting on newsstands around Jan '83. I think bronze ends in Dec 82

That is debatable.  There is no real official end of the bronze age that is accepted as absolute.  Many people in the hobby believe different things when it comes to the start and end of the comic ages.

2 hours ago, cd4ever said:

And just like that. Special Marvel Edition 15 explodes. 

Shang Chi

I had at least 12 nice copies of that I could not give away 6 or 7 years ago. I put them in ebay grab bags and effectively got about $25 each (25-33% of guide at the time) for them. Ditto Moon Knight 1, Rom 1, Ms. Marvel 1, and Nova 1, basically gave them away at 25-33% of guide.

Edited by the blob

There were 2 copies of Marvel Special Edition CGC 9.8 consigned to the current comiclink auction. The first ended last night and hammered at 1600. The other ends tonight in about 3 1/2 hours and is up to 2100. I bet the first consigner is bummed the news didn’t come out one day earlier

5 hours ago, cd4ever said:

And just like that. Special Marvel Edition 15 explodes. 

Shang Chi

I just started collecting again after about 30 years off. I was looking at this book for other reasons people have not mentioned.  I was looking for something to collect from the BA in 9.8's with low runs just for something fun to collect that wasn't too expensive (I'm also collecting Marvel 1977 Godzilla's for example).  Maybe this is the case, everything else is too expense so these other more obscure issues are heating up HAHA?

1 hour ago, minisink warrior said:

There were 2 copies of Marvel Special Edition CGC 9.8 consigned to the current comiclink auction. The first ended last night and hammered at 1600. The other ends tonight in about 3 1/2 hours and is up to 2100. I bet the first consigner is bummed the news didn’t come out one day earlier

Wow. Talk about awful/awesome luck. 

5 hours ago, the blob said:

I had at least 12 nice copies of that I could not give away 6 or 7 years ago. I put them in ebay grab bags and effectively got about $25 each (25-33% of guide at the time) for them. Ditto Moon Knight 1, Rom 1, Ms. Marvel 1, and Nova 1, basically gave them away at 25-33% of guide.

What’s your ebay handle? :devil:

j/k :baiting:

Edited by Hekla

11 hours ago, minisink warrior said:

Tonight’s copy is now up to 2400 with over 2 hours left 

3300! Double the one that ended on 11/29. The 9.6 almost tripled what the one from 11/29 went for...450 vs 1147. And last night's 9.4 was about the same as the 11/29 9.6! Movies make it happen. At least for a while.