• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2018 at 12:30 PM, cd4ever said:

I actually have the entire run up to 125 in 9.0 or better.  Very unusual that I actually own something that gets hot.  I think I tried to sell the lot like 10 years ago and crickets. 

I owned at least 12 because koch had them in quantity and I won auction after auction at the $9.99 opening bid. All 9.0 - 9.4. Can't say I have any 9.6 - 9.8 away at least.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:41 AM, Crimebuster said:

Wasn't there a warehouse find of this issue? I swear I remember hearing that prices were kept down because there was a large supply of high grade copies due to a warehouse find. 

Koch had zillions of them, but he sold them off over the years. It is a 70s marvel. It doesn't need to be a warehouse find to be plentiful.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:39 AM, cd4ever said:

And just like that. Special Marvel Edition 15 explodes. 

Shang Chi

And as I posted on the Shang-Chi movie thread, this is way long overdue and an absolute no-brainer for Marvel to make a movie based upon this easily adaptable character. :applause:

Especially if they are thinking of ethnicity after both the box office and critical success of the Black panther movie earlier this year.  After all, there is a huge Asian population out there and China is rapidly becoming the dominant global market out there, even in terms of the movies now.  hm

As a further example of this, just take a look at the blow out numbers for the Aquaman movie which was by far the top grossing movie this past weekend with an astounding $94M in just one market.  This 3-day opening in China topped the entire run for the Wonder Woman movie over its entire span in China.  Looks like DC is going to have a unexpected surprising winner on their hands here.  :whatthe:

34 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

And as I posted on the Shang-Chi movie thread, this is way long overdue and an absolute no-brainer for Marvel to make a movie based upon this easily adaptable character. :applause:

Especially if they are thinking of ethnicity after both the box office and critical success of the Black panther movie earlier this year.  After all, there is a huge Asian population out there and China is rapidly becoming the dominant global market out there, even in terms of the movies now.  hm

As a further example of this, just take a look at the blow out numbers for the Aquaman movie which was by far the top grossing movie this past weekend with an astounding $94M in just one market.  This 3-day opening in China topped the entire run for the Wonder Woman movie over its entire span in China.  Looks like DC is going to have a unexpected surprising winner on their hands here.  :whatthe:

It was reported in the Movies thread that China thought this "son of Foo-Man-Choo" was racist.... so I don't know if they'll be down for it, I'll try to post a link in a sec...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
37 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

It was reported in the Movies thread that China thought this "son of Foo-Man-Choo" was racist.... so I don't know if they'll be down for it, I'll try to post a link in a sec...

Seems you already posted in that thread, so probably you had already seen this...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/07/hey-marvel-studios-china-already-thinks-the-shang-chi-movie-is-racist/

Hey Marvel Studios, China already thinks the Shang Chi Movie is Racist

“MARVEL ‘INSULTS CHINA’ BY MAKING ITS FIRST ASIAN SUPERHERO FILM ABOUT SHANG CHI, A SON OF FU MANCHU”

but I said that I would post it, so here it is :shy: 

On 12/5/2018 at 6:30 PM, Lazyboy said:
On 12/5/2018 at 4:05 PM, divad said:

I think 110 issues constitutes "maintenance" of a title run . . .

Maybe, but that doesn't mean much today when the last issue came out over 35 years ago.

Well, my bet is that if Shang-Chi MOKF gets the official go ahead for film production, you will certainly be seeing the comic book series going forward.  :gossip:

On 12/7/2018 at 12:01 PM, Grib said:

Paul Gulacy stuff was a lot of fun and I feel a great way to feature the character.

+1

Absolutely loved the Paul Gulacy artwork on MOKF and the main reason why I picked up that early part of the run with the Gulacy interior artwork.  :cloud9:

Just now, Broke as a Joke said:

Avengers 188.  First Elements of Doom, villains from upcoming Spider-Man Far From Home movie.  Never thought I would type that out.

Ah, that is definitely not confirmed anywhere.

But. I've bought a few Supernatural Thrillers #8.

4 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Exactly, but cheap enough to make it a solid spec play based upon the leaked Brazilian trailer footage.  

What footage?

OK, I haven't found any footage, but I did find a description of these: giant sand creature, creature made out of fire and a water giant.

Sounds like it could be Sandman and Hydro-Man. Still not sure about fire creature. It could be Molten Man, but he doesn't control fire. His body is just always on fire.

The Elementals of Doom members are literally called Air, Earth, Fire and Water. Same abilities as the original Elementals. Neither have a "sand" character.

Edited by ygogolak

On 12/4/2018 at 5:07 AM, Bird said:
On 12/3/2018 at 5:36 PM, minisink warrior said:

Tonight’s copy is now up to 2400 with over 2 hours left 

3300! Double the one that ended on 11/29. The 9.6 almost tripled what the one from 11/29 went for...450 vs 1147. And last night's 9.4 was about the same as the 11/29 9.6! Movies make it happen. At least for a while.

And for those of you who were unfortunate enough to have missed your chance on the above 2 copies, well this then is your lucky day:

RAD9F3F220181210_01658.jpg

And to think, this CGC 9.6 graded copy from the CL Exchange can be ALL YOURS for the piddly and measly sum of only $1,800.  :takeit:  lol

Now, that's another classic case of over bloated movie hype if I ever saw one.  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

12 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Someone else said the book to have was a Fantastic Four.  I'm already fed up, I'll sit this dance out.

Yes, ha. I didn't even see the team in the Avengers book that was previously mentioned.

Elementals - ST #8

Elementals of Doom - FF #232

Elements of Doom - Avengers #188

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, ygogolak said:

Ah, that is definitely not confirmed anywhere.

But. I've bought a few Supernatural Thrillers #8.

Why are they basing a movie on such an obscure group of villians? Spider-Man hasn't even seen Kraven, the Scorpion, the Molten Man, the Rocket Racer, and a bazillion other actual Spider-Man villians.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Why are they basing a movie on such an obscure group of villians? Spider-Man hasn't even seen Kraven, the Scorpion, the Molten Man, the Rocket Racer, and a bazillion other actual Spider-Man villians.

Right, I think the team will be called The Elementals, in fact that's been alluded to. But it will feature more known characters. Well, at least one possibly, Sandman. The water character I can't think of anyone who would be somewhat well known.

Edited by ygogolak

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Right, I think the team will be called The Elementals, in fact that's been alluded to. But it will feature more known characters. Well, at least one possibly, Sandman. The water character I can't think of anyone who would be somewhat well known.

Hydroman is at least enough of a spidey villain to be in Spidey monopoly