• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Hydroman is at least enough of a spidey villain to be in Spidey monopoly

Ha, I'm surprised he has over 100 appearances. But, as you said, Hydro Man doesn't get hardly anyone excited knowing that there are much more well known characters to appear. I think what they are going for is this Mysterio appearance and possible team-up with Spidey. The Elementals will just be a background part of the story.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

Just waiting for that Rocket Racer movie appearance. I am stocked with 1st and 2d apps and ready to retire Scrooge McDuck style on a pile of money!

What about Kangaroo and Big Wheel?
I've been trying to get some Madame Web's, but they are always missing when I search in the wild.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Ha, I'm surprised he has over 100 appearances. But, as you said, Hydro Man doesn't get hardly anyone excited knowing that there are much more well known characters to appear. I think what they are going for is this Mysterio appearance and possible team-up with Spidey. The Elementals will just be a background part of the story.

Well, he could always be a villain that Spidey takes down before the opening credits. Just not the big bad.

10 hours ago, the blob said:

Just waiting for that Rocket Racer movie appearance. I am stocked with 1st and 2d apps and ready to retire Scrooge McDuck style on a pile of money!

Who cares about a nobody like Rocker Racer.  :p

I personally think Marvel should obtain the rights to that great SA classic, Fatman The Human Flying Saucer, as that should be a megalodon box office winner for sure.  The only other one that would be able to give Fatman a run for his money would be that other classic SA character, namely, Herbie The Fat Fury.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

12 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Well, he could always be a villain that Spidey takes down before the opening credits. Just not the big bad.

Mysterio is the "villain" for the movie. He is on Spidey's side though. The bad guys will be C level compared to those too.

11 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

The element villains are illusions(?) or pawns of Mysterio, they won't be actual characters with back stories of their own.  At least that is what is being leaked out.

But Mysterio is teaming with Spidey. That was also leaked. So that doesn't make sense unless he's trying to get close to him to expose him or something.

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Who cares about a nobody like Rocker Racer.  :p

I personally think Marvel should obtain the rights to that great SA classic, Fatman The Human Flying Saucer, as that should be a megalodon box office winner for sure.  The only other one that would be able to give Fatman a run for his money would be that other classic SA character, namely, Herbie The Fat Fury.  lol

Do not diss the rocket racer. This is my retirement and/or kids' college fund (yes, I plan on paying for 8 years of college with rocket racer money) you are messing with. And Thor 339 is on the cusp of becoming a $100 book. The new hammer is a key character in avengers 4. It will be voiced by Christian Bale.

30 minutes ago, the blob said:

Do not diss the rocket racer. This is my retirement and/or kids' college fund (yes, I plan on paying for 8 years of college with rocket racer money) you are messing with. And Thor 339 is on the cusp of becoming a $100 book. The new hammer is a key character in avengers 4. It will be voiced by Christian Bale.

Unless those ASM #172 are high grade 35 Cent variants, you better lower your sights.

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

Michael b. Jordan will be playing the Rocket Racer.

Unless this guy plays basketball, I never heard of him.

But then again I have never seen a Marvel Super Hero movie I liked.

I can't even get through one on Netflix.

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

:facepalm:

Enjoy.

The basic --script never changes for these shoot em up movies.

Started watching Blade and there was this ridiculous fight scene that dragged on and lead to another.  I quit, no --script, no acting no story.

Tried again with an Avengers movie. Same krap, big fight scene opening. Same BS rinse and repeat.

There are great stories in comics but the movies just use the same tired krap.

Apparently that is what the audience wants. But give me "road to perdition' any time.  There are actual stories like this in comics.

Edited by NP_Gresham

57 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Unless this guy plays basketball, I never heard of him.

But then again I have never seen a Marvel Super Hero movie I liked.

I can't even get through one on Netflix.

17 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Enjoy.

The basic ----script never changes for these shoot em up movies.

Started watching Blade and there was this ridiculous fight scene that dragged on and lead to another.  I quit, no ----script, no acting no story.

Tried again with an Avengers movie. Same krap, big fight scene opening. Same BS rinse and repeat.

There are great stories in comics but the movies just use the same tired krap.

Apparently that is what the audience wants. But give me "road to perdition' any time.  There are actual stories like this in comics.

Michael B. Jordan has won many awards. And they were all before he was in a Marvel movie.

Marvel movies are no "shoot em up". Marvel is owned by Disney. That ain't gonna happen in their movies. It's why they polybag adult themed Marvel comics and created a different line with Icon for that type of work.

Edited by ygogolak

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Michael B. Jordan has won many awards. And they were all before he was in a Marvel movie.

Marvel movies are no "shoot em up". Marvel is owned by Disney. That ain't gonna happen in their movies. It's why they polybag adult themed Marvel comics and created a different line with Icon for that type of work.

Don't want to take this off topic, but who cares what award someone got.

I enjoy the NFL, MLB and NBA.

I never cared who wins the Cy Young or heisman or who goes to the HoF.

I watch the games for enjoyment, not the awards.

Give me a good movie and I remember who actors are. Javier Bardem was fantastic in "No country for Old Men'. Could not tell you one other movie he was in, nor would I watch any movie because he was in it.

Don't care, never will.

2 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Don't want to take this off topic, but who cares what award someone got.

I enjoy the NFL, MLB and NBA.

I never cared who wins the Cy Young or heisman or who goes to the HoF.

I watch the games for enjoyment, not the awards.

Give me a good movie and I remember who actors are. Javier Bardem was fantastic in "No country for Old Men'. Could not tell you one other movie he was in, nor would I watch any movie because he was in it.

Don't care, never will.

It was simply to state that he is a proven good actor in good movies. And you were not aware of who he was and used his name to somehow connect that to bashing Marvel movies.

I personally think he stinks though.

Edited by ygogolak

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Mysterio is the "villain" for the movie. He is on Spidey's side though. The bad guys will be C level compared to those too.

But Mysterio is teaming with Spidey. That was also leaked. So that doesn't make sense unless he's trying to get close to him to expose him or something.

Mysterio teams up with Spidey to defeat the Elements to make himself look like the "hero",  even though he is in "control" of them.  The question for book speculation is are the ones from Avengers 188 different than the ones from FF 232.  Byrne did both books so I'm guessing they could be the same, and in that case Avengers 188 came first.

30 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Mysterio teams up with Spidey to defeat the Elements to make himself look like the "hero",  even though he is in "control" of them.  The question for book speculation is are the ones from Avengers 188 different than the ones from FF 232.  Byrne did both books so I'm guessing they could be the same, and in that case Avengers 188 came first.

I don't think it's any relation except name. That's what I'm guessing.